Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:42:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Patriots  (Read 7190 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2020, 12:18:24 am »

I have never seen illegal contact called on a Hail Mary, but that is because they are so rare to begin with.  I have never seen a defender blatantly shove a receiver running a pass route on a Hail Mary so there is no real standard I have to compare this with.   Can you provide me an example of such a play?

On a side note, CHFF did research on pass interference on Hail Marys.  They found only one example:  2009 Lions-Browns.   I wonder if in their research how many of those plays involved a defender running up to a receiver running his pass route and just shoving him right off his route.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2020, 12:21:01 am »

So let's apply that logic to this board as well.  Nobody complain about a call until the NFL issues a statement saying it was bad.

Perfect example would be the pass interference on Saturday against the Raiders.

Another example would be this call you mentioned in the Falcons Super Bowl

Article 4. Other Prohibited Acts By the Offense

Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference. See 8-3-1 for exception for an ineligible offensive player.

Note: It is also pass interference by the offense to block a defender beyond the line while the pass is in the air, if the block occurs in the vicinity of the player to whom the pass is thrown. See 8-3-1-Note for exception for ineligible players.

There are two Patriots receivers engaged in a block in the vicinity of Amendola.

For the record, offsides on ATL was also called on that play, so at worst it would have been a replayed down.

The NFL did not publicly acknowledge this call was wrong, so it must have been according to your own words:

What it means is that the official's judgement call is within the range of acceptable interpretations of what happened.  So you or I can disagree with the official, but it's not up to OUR judgement, it's up to HIS.

As long as the league feels that the official's subjective judgement is reasonable, they will let the call stand without correction.  When they feel that the official's judgement on a call was NOT within reasonable bounds, they issue a public correction, as in the cases I cited earlier.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 02:50:27 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2020, 12:25:32 am »

Spider, how about NON-judgement calls?

For example, the N'Keal Harry bad call against the Chiefs last year.  He clearly did not step out of bounds, but the refs ruled that he had.

The NFL has not, to my knowledge, issued a statement saying the call was wrong.  Does that mean it was right and he DID step out of bounds?  Can people defy the laws of physics?  

Also, what about situations where the NFL has stated the right call was made, but people on this board STILL insist it was bad?  For example, the punt that Edelman never touched in the 2018 AFC title, and the Hogan catch that was clearly explained on the air as a catch.  

Also, nobody has answered how objectively analyzing calls has anything to do with the team I root for.  I'm curious as to how you explain that logic.   
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 12:30:52 am by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2020, 02:54:28 am »

All my posts make sense, unless I'm intentionally providing nonsense.

You are an out-of-the-closet Patriots fan who thinks the refs are out to get the Dolphins.

Yes, you are...and no, they're not...

i am not a Patriots fan.  See my previous explanation

I do not think the refs are out to get the Dolphins.  I vowed never to complain about a bad call against them after 2015, and I've done very well at upholding it.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2020, 09:32:33 am »

^^^ Oh, you vowed, did you? Well, heck, in that case, never mind.

Roll Eyes

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2020, 09:36:44 am »

So instead you complain against bad calls against the Patriots?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2020, 09:38:59 am »

As as for me being a Patriots fan, a fan is somebody who roots for the team to win.  During the Brady years, I never rooted for the Patriots to win unless them winning helped Miami's playoff chances.  I did start out rooting for them early in this year when I thought Miami was not going to be good.  I was hoping that it would help show that Tom Brady is overrated and wins more because of his teammates and opponents, rather than because he plays better, but that theory got shot down  Huh

Analyzing officiating has NOTHING to do with the team I root for.  Is this really so hard to understand?

Are we just going to ignore this part?  "Miami isn't going to be good, so I know!  I'll root for one of their biggest rivals!"
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2020, 11:44:30 am »

Are we just going to ignore this part?  "Miami isn't going to be good, so I know!  I'll root for one of their biggest rivals!"

D4L is a Hall of Fame caliber troll.  Dude has been suckering us in with his nonsense comments for years on here and we (myself included) just keep engaging with him.  The whole goal of a troll is to irritate people and he has done so masterfully for a very long time.  Hoodie is pretty good at trolling but he is a total amateur compared to D4L.  D4L has gotten all of us to take the sucker bait more times than I can even begin to count. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2020, 11:51:10 am »

D4L is a Hall of Fame caliber troll.

I think it's much more complicated than that. 

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2020, 12:20:22 pm »

Or simple...
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2020, 01:27:25 pm »

Are you suggesting that he may not have a masterful command and understanding of the intricacies of football?   Grin
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2020, 08:29:39 pm »

I just try to be objective when I analyze officiating.

This whole debate started with Dave's comment about how the Patriots always get calls.

Spider provided one example, which was more based on rule interpretations than bad calls.

I wonder how many of you think that a correct call that benefits the Patriots constitutes them "getting the calls"

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray