Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:44:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Raiders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Raiders  (Read 3443 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 26, 2020, 11:09:53 pm »

Edit:

Nobody, as of yet.  I thought it was Gisecki who made the catch on the sidelines, but it was Collins.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 11:15:03 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2020, 11:31:49 pm »

Scorching hot take, here: Brian Flores.

Either play Tua, or keep him on the bench, but this repeated yo-yo benching for an ancient journeyman QB, all so that MIA can maybe get a 7 seed, is a terrible idea.

If this team wanted to compete for the playoffs, Fitzpatrick should have never been benched.
If the coaching staff wanted to develop Tua, he should have been allowed to take his lumps and learn.
Instead, MIA is half-assing both approaches: a mediocre team that wouldn't even make the playoffs in a normal year, but is somehow managing to start a rookie QB AND not let him learn from losing.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2020, 11:36:23 pm »

Either play Tua, or keep him on the bench, but this repeated yo-yo benching for an ancient journeyman QB, all so that MIA can maybe get a 7 seed, is a terrible idea.

If this team wanted to compete for the playoffs, Fitzpatrick should have never been benched.
If the coaching staff wanted to develop Tua, he should have been allowed to take his lumps and learn.
Instead, MIA is half-assing both approaches: a mediocre team that wouldn't even make the playoffs in a normal year, but is somehow managing to start a rookie QB AND not let him learn from losing.

More like, trying to spark the offense that has been struggling. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 12:25:59 am »

Tua.  He flat out sucked tonight.  If he doesn't get yanked, this team loses easily.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 12:46:15 am »

Rowe got burned all night by Waller
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 12:48:53 am »

Rowe got burned all night by Waller

Some of those players he seemed to have good coverage.  The guy just made some incredible catches

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 12:45:02 pm »

Fitzpatrick has never once in his 85 year career made the playoffs. What would make you think Fitzpatrick would take anyone anywhere?

What's happening here, that you obviously don't see is that Tua is consistent, protects the ball and doesn't take risks. This is how the dolphins want him to play and with very very little skill player talent that's on the team and healthy. That gives them the best chance at winning.

Fitzpatrick is entirely different. He takes risks and he is high risk high reward. That's why his MO is being FitzMagic and then being FitzTragic.  What Flores is doing is allowing Tua to take the team to victories and if it gets to the point where FitzTragic can't possibly screw us, then he's allowing FitzMagic to show up when we have nothing to lose.

It's easier to ask Fitzpatrick to be himself than it is to tell Tua, who you want playing a certain way to forget it all and to just go out there and take risks because now we need high risk/reward plays to win.

Shame goes to Van Noy for a stupid offsides that almost cost us the game.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 01:14:10 pm »

I don't even know that is was his fault every time, but they picked on Rowe regularly.

Our defensive line gave up tons of time to Carr, too.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2020, 01:16:02 pm »

Also, to add:

Props to Fau for really nailing the Tua/Fitzpatrick situation.  It's this.

Also, add that the defenses pressure Tua more because of this.  Tua faces way more outright blitzes and a collapsing pocket.  Fitz has the benefit of coming in late in games where we're down and the defenses move to a more prevent style.  It works in short bursts, but over the course of a game, let alone a season, it results in heartbreaking picks and is worse overall, IMO.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2020, 01:22:38 pm »

I'm going to cut Rowe some slack.  A lot of his coverage was actually pretty good but Waller is a flat out baller.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2020, 04:11:57 pm »

^ Waller played lights out. That was HoF caliber receiving from aTE. Hard to fault Rowe too much... He was right there almost every time.

If Byron Jones has actually committed PI, my SotG would go to him, but contact in the NFL requires EFFECT, not just touching.

I'm giving my SotG to the offensive line coach. There are injuries, sure, but the Raiders are generally bad at pressuring quarterbacks and they weren't getting overwhelmed by blitzes. Just straight 4-man rush. When you're keeping a sixth guy in to block, the pocket should hold up longer.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 04:53:32 pm »

Defensive line - Not nearly enough pressure out on Carr.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 06:42:24 pm »

What's happening here, that you obviously don't see is that Tua is consistent, protects the ball and doesn't take risks. This is how the dolphins want him to play and with very very little skill player talent that's on the team and healthy. That gives them the best chance at winning.

Fitzpatrick is entirely different. He takes risks and he is high risk high reward. That's why his MO is being FitzMagic and then being FitzTragic.  What Flores is doing is allowing Tua to take the team to victories and if it gets to the point where FitzTragic can't possibly screw us, then he's allowing FitzMagic to show up when we have nothing to lose.
I think it is bad for Tua's development to take him out of the game anytime you need aggressive play from the QB position.  It is encouraging him to be risk-averse to the point of handcuffs.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 07:20:30 pm »

I think it is bad for Tua's development to take him out of the game anytime you need aggressive play from the QB position.  It is encouraging him to be risk-averse to the point of handcuffs.

I agree. These are the times where he has to learn to switch gears, to lead, to carry the team.

I firmly believe starting Tua gives us the best chance to win games, but I also firmly believed that swapping in Fitz late against the Raiders gave us the best chance to win. Also the best chance of the game ending with an interception Wink

Best for Dolphins this year and best for Tua's development isn't always the same - but "playoffs" makes it even more complicated. Playoff experience isn't easy to come by and if the Dolphins can make it, that's going to be valuable for Tua.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 03:14:02 pm »

My biggest complaint was why someone else didn't help Rowe who was clearly out-matched? 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray