Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:36:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I have Covid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: I have Covid  (Read 13326 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: December 28, 2020, 03:11:30 pm »

Actually my wife and Mother n law do too. One of my daughters had it but seems to have gotten over it pretty quickly. We think she is the one we got it from. I got sick last week and tested positive on Christmas Eve. I'm the only one who has lost their taste. Hopefully it starts to get better soon.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 03:13:59 pm »

CF, I'm really sorry to hear of this and I hope you make a full recovery.  Please let us know what your symptoms are like.  
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 03:17:18 pm »

Similar to the Flu so far. High and low fevers, headaches, body aches, stuffy nose, and being physically exhausted. Like I said ... I also lost my sense of taste and smell and that is pretty weird in all of this. Fortunately none of us have had any breathing issues.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 03:21:32 pm »

I hope you and the family get through this as easily as possible.  I remember Spider had it earlier this year and if I remember correctly, he said he wasn't too terribly sick.  Hopefully the same will be true for you and your family.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 03:37:48 pm »

Best of luck -- keep us in the loop.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 03:57:07 pm »

Sorry to hear that.  Hope everything works out.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 04:10:56 pm »

I have some other friends who have gotten it and the taste/smell thing seems to be pretty weird.  Some of them are saying that this didn't return for many weeks.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 05:29:25 pm »

Sorry to hear it.  I can say from experience that it can be a very scary ordeal, even with mild symptoms.  Let me know if you'd like some info on breathing exercises to help keep your airways clear.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 05:31:03 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 09:48:23 pm »

Get well soon. I've seen a thing going around Facebook, so it must be true, saying you should sleep on your stomach or side, but not your back.  Supposedly this helps keep your lungs from becoming congested and leading to breathing issues.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 09:49:42 pm »

Get well soon
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2020, 12:17:10 am »

On a somewhat related note, I got my first dose of the COVID vaccine today (the Moderna version).  I can get the final dose in 4 weeks and return to something like normal life.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2020, 02:10:22 am »

On a somewhat related note, I got my first dose of the COVID vaccine today (the Moderna version).  I can get the final dose in 4 weeks and return to something like normal life.

How did you get it so quickly?  You aren’t a frontline medical worker or live in a nursing facility.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2020, 03:15:26 am »

I work in IT for a healthcare organization, and I have daily direct contact (in a direct support functionality) with healthcare workers who themselves provide services to COVID-positive patients.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 03:18:26 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2020, 07:13:09 am »

I would be interested in hearing what, if any, side effects you experience if you don't mind sharing that information. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2020, 01:15:04 pm »

I would be interested in hearing what, if any, side effects you experience if you don't mind sharing that information. 

Keep in mind Spiders reaction to the vaccine *might* be different than the reaction of someone who has not had Covid as he already has some antibodies in his system.  The vaccine *might* even be redundant in his case.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray