Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:33:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  I have Covid
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: I have Covid  (Read 13428 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2020, 03:07:25 pm »

Keep in mind Spiders reaction to the vaccine *might* be different than the reaction of someone who has not had Covid as he already has some antibodies in his system.  The vaccine *might* even be redundant in his case.

Definitely.  I wasn't wanting to know in order to draw any conclusions about the vaccine.  Spider is just a good dude and I am simply curious as to what his personal experience is with it. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 03:17:16 pm »

My arm is sore.
I'll provide further info as it develops.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 04:11:39 pm »

My arm is sore.
That's enough for me...I'm out. J/K of course.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 05:15:24 pm »

Sorry to hear it.  I can say from experience that it can be a very scary ordeal, even with mild symptoms.  Let me know if you'd like some info on breathing exercises to help keep your airways clear.
in open for anything. So far my lungs are fine but my mil just was admitted with pneumonia and my wife has bronchitis.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2020, 05:03:36 pm »

So apparently there were enough people that were supposed to get the vaccine that declined it in Dallas they started to offer it to people that wanted it. My wife signed up today and she got a call back that she is approved to get the vaccine. Now she just has to wait for a call back when she will get it. She's gonna register me now to see if I'm accepted. Apparently you have to have some type of pre existing condition to qualify. I'm on medication for high blood pressure although my blood pressure is not high because of the medication and I had some issues with my kidneys last year which might qualify me. So my wife and I may be getting vaccinated soon.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 05:33:48 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2020, 05:19:00 pm »

So apparently there were enough people that were supposed to get the vaccine that declined it in Dallas they started to offer it to people that wanted it. My wife signed up today and she got a call back that she is officially registered. Now she just has to wait for a call back that she's been accepted to get the vaccine. She's gonna register me now to see if I'm accepted. Apparently you have to have some type of pre existing condition to qualify. I'm on medication for high blood pressure although my blood pressure is not high because of the medication and I had some issues with my kidneys last year which might qualify me. So my wife and I may be getting vaccinated soon.

Benefiting from other people’s stupidity.  I am hoping that many people opt not to get the vaccine so I can get it sooner.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2020, 09:13:08 pm »

Last night I had a fever of 101.9 with muscle aches and a headache (but no cough).  I was rather concerned that I might be unlucky enough to have caught COVID (again) right before getting vaccinated, which I'm sure would have blown up my whole vaccine schedule.

Fortunately, we are tested weekly at my job, and I got my results this morning from my test 2 days ago - negative.  So it looks like I may be experiencing side effects from the vaccine.

My fever went down and the muscle aches stopped, though I do still have a headache.  Not sure when I will be allowed to go back in to work.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2020, 01:32:17 am »

I have some other friends who have gotten it and the taste/smell thing seems to be pretty weird.  Some of them are saying that this didn't return for many weeks.

A friend of a friend works in healthcare in the UK - they lost their sense of smell years ago after a flu/virus. After recovering from a mild dose of Covid-19, their senses actually fully returned!

It's a strange story but apparently they are not the only one where this has happened. This is a very strange virus indeed.  Huh
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2020, 02:32:57 am »

Actually my wife and Mother n law do too. One of my daughters had it but seems to have gotten over it pretty quickly. We think she is the one we got it from. I got sick last week and tested positive on Christmas Eve. I'm the only one who has lost their taste. Hopefully it starts to get better soon.

Wishing you an your family a speedy recovery. Take care everyone.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2020, 03:50:39 am »

I was admitted to the hospital today. Well it’s Thursday morning now but I came in Wednesday morning. I went to ER to get fluids and found out I have Covid pneumonia. Hopefully the steroids help and I’ll be going back home sooner rather than later. Mother law is in same hospital.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 03:53:03 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2020, 07:29:51 am »

I was admitted to the hospital today. Well it’s Thursday morning now but I came in Wednesday morning. I went to ER to get fluids and found out I have Covid pneumonia. Hopefully the steroids help and I’ll be going back home sooner rather than later. Mother law is in same hospital.

Wishing you and your family a full and speedy recovery. 
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2020, 09:19:50 am »

^ That sucks, CF. Get well soon.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2020, 09:33:55 am »

A friend of a friend works in healthcare in the UK - they lost their sense of smell years ago after a flu/virus. After recovering from a mild dose of Covid-19, their senses actually fully returned!

It's a strange story but apparently they are not the only one where this has happened. This is a very strange virus indeed.  Huh

Always a little suspicious of the veracity of “a friend of a friend “

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Buddhagirl
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2020, 10:53:49 am »

All of our kids are still going to school and playing sports. In fact Central Florida is busy hosting all kinds of tournaments where teams from all over the country have and will play.  We are going to work, stores, the beach, restaurants, and things like biker events where people are on top of each other.  To live like that and not experience the worst of Covid it is really hard to get freaked out because CNN says so. Maybe if we sat around watching tv all the time instead of living but that isn't the case. I'm sure you've heard it is better to die free than to live in chains. Well ... many people feel that way or at least think they do. My in-laws are in their late 70s and haven't changed a thing in their lives that I know of. In fact .... they are some of the biggest anti maskers I know and he is retired from the medical field.

Live by the sword...

"Well behaved women seldom make history."
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2020, 12:30:42 pm »

Live by the sword...
Nice of you to join us for the first time in years just to be a nasty person.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 12:35:53 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray