Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:14:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The vaccine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: The vaccine  (Read 5552 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2021, 10:50:50 pm »

Now I wonder should I back out of the second dose

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2021, 10:54:55 pm »

No. What happened to her is not guaranteed to happen to you. And being protected from the Rona far outweighs any discomfort that you may feel from the vaccine, which again, is not guaranteed. For instance, a buddy of mine who has received both doses reported no discomfort at all.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2021, 10:58:22 pm »

No. What happened to her is not guaranteed to happen to you. And being protected from the Rona far outweighs any discomfort that you may feel from the vaccine, which again, is not guaranteed. For instance, a buddy of mine who has received both doses reported no discomfort at all.

What your wife has is exactly what the Virus gives you

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2021, 11:03:27 pm »

But she’s not going to get the virus now. And the chances of me or the kids getting it also is reduced.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2021, 06:55:13 am »

What your wife has is exactly what the Virus gives you

Not even close.  Mrs. Stinkfish isn’t on a ventilator in an ICU or the morgue.  And tha is a difference.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 06:56:49 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2021, 09:58:07 am »

I'd recently heard that this vaccine has 100% efficacy, in terms of "serious cases".  ...so, even when it's touted as 96%, the other 4% of cases that still occur are mild to moderate, which is the real goal.

I want to learn more about transmission rates.  That's what I think is the key.  How long does the vaccine last?  Even if it wears off and you get COVID in 2 years, are you likely to only have a mild case and not have lung damage or need a ventilator?  Once vaccinated, how much does your ability to transmit the virus drop?

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2021, 10:45:09 am »

I'd recently heard that this vaccine has 100% efficacy, in terms of "serious cases".  ...so, even when it's touted as 96%, the other 4% of cases that still occur are mild to moderate, which is the real goal.

I want to learn more about transmission rates.  That's what I think is the key.  How long does the vaccine last?  Even if it wears off and you get COVID in 2 years, are you likely to only have a mild case and not have lung damage or need a ventilator?  Once vaccinated, how much does your ability to transmit the virus drop?

Also nothing says you won't be able to get a seasonal corona virus vaccine much like the flu shot .. we just haven't had enough seasons to figure that out. Either way, if they already have the fabrication methods, tweaking for seasonal deviations is easier than developing from scratch.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2021, 02:25:58 pm »

Also nothing says you won't be able to get a seasonal corona virus vaccine much like the flu shot .. we just haven't had enough seasons to figure that out. Either way, if they already have the fabrication methods, tweaking for seasonal deviations is easier than developing from scratch.

I hope this isn't the case.

I really want us to eradicate this virus from our shores.

Just a mental exercise, could certain states mandate the vaccine?  Like, say you wanted to live in Vermont or whatever, could they mandate that you get the vaccine in order to live there?  I can see getting pockets of herd immunity maybe?

I definitely see ways to make it difficult not to get vaccinated, like you can't work for the government, can't go to school, etc.  We have to find ways to get these vaccine numbers up if we're not interested in fighting this (and worse, a mutating version of this) in perpetuity.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2021, 02:41:15 pm »

I hope this isn't the case.

I really want us to eradicate this virus from our shores.

Just a mental exercise, could certain states mandate the vaccine?  Like, say you wanted to live in Vermont or whatever, could they mandate that you get the vaccine in order to live there?  I can see getting pockets of herd immunity maybe?

I definitely see ways to make it difficult not to get vaccinated, like you can't work for the government, can't go to school, etc.  We have to find ways to get these vaccine numbers up if we're not interested in fighting this (and worse, a mutating version of this) in perpetuity.

If it requires an annual booster AND it can be administered at the same time as the flu shot, I see that as a nonissue.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2021, 05:48:32 pm »

If it requires an annual booster AND it can be administered at the same time as the flu shot, I see that as a nonissue.   

I would say it is an issue because only about 40% of Americans get an annual flu shot.  Are we also going to start requiring people to get a pneumonia shot because quite a few Americans die from that every year also (probably a good percentage of the 400,000 classified as Covid deaths)?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2021, 12:25:37 am »

I got my second vaccine (Moderna) shot on Tuesday.

I had a fever of 101.7 on Wednesday morning and some pretty serious muscle aches through Wednesday afternoon.  I feel right as rain now.

Looking forward to resuming normal life!  February will be the Month of Dan.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2021, 01:19:33 am »

^^^ saw a warning earlier tonight that people taking the second shot should plan on missing work the following day. Sounds like it's pretty common for your body to fight the vaccine.

Health officer Dr. Raul Pino said people might want to take off work the next day after getting the second vaccine, because a fever, body aches and headache can be expected after the second dose.

Pino said this happens because your body is already primed to identify the vaccine.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2021, 01:23:13 am »

^^^ saw a warning earlier tonight that people taking the second shot should plan on missing work the following day. Sounds like it's pretty common for your body to fight the vaccine.

Health officer Dr. Raul Pino said people might want to take off work the next day after getting the second vaccine, because a fever, body aches and headache can be expected after the second dose.

Pino said this happens because your body is already primed to identify the vaccine.

Interesting note ... they say taking Tylenol or ibuprofen before the shot hinders the ability to build antibodies but you can take it after side effects present themselves.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2021, 02:28:48 pm »

Yeah, I actually had similar symptoms after my first shot.  I expect it was because of my natural antibodies (from my earlier COVID infection).

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2021, 10:42:08 am »

Yeah, I actually had similar symptoms after my first shot.  I expect it was because of my natural antibodies (from my earlier COVID infection).
I hadn't thought of that. I guess we need to plan for that if and when we ever get a shot.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray