Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 06:57:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  The vaccine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: The vaccine  (Read 5537 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2021, 11:27:08 pm »

Just got my second Moderna.  I don't feel feverish.  I just feel malaise because of my anxiety and hypochondria.  My arm is killing me and my legs are too.   

I was told the worse the side effects are, the stronger the immune response.  Now I am starting to WANT to get a fever.  If I do not, is it something to worry about?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2021, 12:06:00 am »

Most people experience the "worst" symptoms about 24 hours from the shot.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2021, 12:42:35 am »

Good to know that, even if it made my nighttime anxiety ten times worse.  Should I stay up throughout the night?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2021, 02:11:54 pm »

Mass has an interesting Vaccine policy.  The 75+ group is allowed to have one +1.  

My understanding is the rationale behind this is while there isn’t enough vaccine to open up for  general distribution there is enough for this and it will get greater participation among this group in a few ways.  Any senior who is is unable to drive has an easy way of getting a car ride from a neighbor now.  And reluctant seniors are getting more pressure from family members.  I know one couple in there 80s who wasn’t planning on getting vaccinated on the logic they only have a few years to live vaccine or no vaccine and firmly believe the priority should be younger people not older people.  They are getting vaccinated with they are now getting vaccinated so their grandchildren can get it.

This is also having the affect of creating a “Sophie’s  Choice “ situation in some families.  

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2021, 07:17:22 pm »

Mass has an interesting Vaccine policy.  The 75+ group is allowed to have one +1. 

My understanding is the rationale behind this is while there isn’t enough vaccine to open up for  general distribution there is enough for this and it will get greater participation among this group in a few ways.  Any senior who is is unable to drive has an easy way of getting a car ride from a neighbor now.  And reluctant seniors are getting more pressure from family members.  I know one couple in there 80s who wasn’t planning on getting vaccinated on the logic they only have a few years to live vaccine or no vaccine and firmly believe the priority should be younger people not older people.  They are getting vaccinated with they are now getting vaccinated so their grandchildren can get it.

This is also having the affect of creating a “Sophie’s  Choice “ situation in some families. 

whatever gets people to get the shot i'm for .. these old people that don't want it because <insert selfish reason here> .. fuck them honestly .. get the damn shot so you aren't in an ICU bed when there's a 10 car pileup on the mass turnpike and they can't get a bed because of you.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2021, 09:35:47 pm »

whatever gets people to get the shot i'm for .. these old people that don't want it because <insert selfish reason here> .. fuck them honestly .. get the damn shot so you aren't in an ICU bed when there's a 10 car pileup on the mass turnpike and they can't get a bed because of you.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I don’t favor having 75+ and people with cormbidities going to the front of the line.  Yes, they have rhe greatest risk, but they are likely going to die in the next few years even without Covid, the vaccine is barely extending their life expectancy.  The second group after medical personnel, I  would prioritize  1 employment that has high contact with multiple people (teachers, retail workers, etc) and 2 single parents of children under 18 (no need to create orphans and overwhelm our foster system)

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray