Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:34:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Gase Fired
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Gase Fired  (Read 4054 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 03, 2021, 09:44:29 pm »

The guy sti hods a specia pace in Dophins history

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 10:48:51 pm »

They didn't waste any time.  Black Monday began early. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 09:25:41 am »

Jags fired Doug Marrone.   That job is very attractive.  They've got the number one pick, 11 picks total and $100 million in cap space
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 09:54:14 am »

Jags fired Doug Marrone.   That job is very attractive.  They've got the number one pick, 11 picks total and $100 million in cap space

If Anthony Lynn is fired, that will be a very attractive job too but the Jags are probably #1 right now. I don't know too much about their management, whether they are incompetent or just have bad luck building a winner like we have had.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 10:14:32 am »

^ I heard whispers of Urban Meyer in Jax.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 10:28:23 am »

^ I heard whispers of Urban Meyer in Jax.

Yeah, that is the likeliest hire and should be a good one. Well respected and has connections to Florida. Then again, even great coaches like Saban can have a hard time adjusting to the NFL.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 10:37:45 am »

Yeah, that is the likeliest hire and should be a good one. Well respected and has connections to Florida. Then again, even great coaches like Saban can have a hard time adjusting to the NFL.

It's a different animal.  I am realizing as I get older that college coaching is a different skill set than the NFL.  You can find guys that can do both, but there's a tactic in college, where you can be a strongman and use intimidation or fear as a tactic.  You have so much power, these kids rely on you to get playing time, to get seen, to get drafted -- so much of your career depends on one man, so there's a weird power dynamic.

In the NFL, a player doesn't have to take your abusive shit and can walk and another team will likely pick them up.

That's why I think a guy like Saban didn't work.  He can do the Xs and Os part, but I don't think you can bully millionaire adults into doing what you want like you can with 19 year old broke-ass kids.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 11:08:30 am »

That's exactly what happened with Saban. 34 year old Linebacker with $30 Million in the bank won't tolerate your bullying unless your NFL pedigree is immaculate and even then.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 11:13:13 am »

I hear folks keep talking about college coaches bullying players...but not once did I ever hear anything along those lines with Nick Saban.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 11:47:29 am »

Pete Carroll, the current era most successful jump, is not exactly known as being authoritarian.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 12:05:12 pm »

It's a different animal.  I am realizing as I get older that college coaching is a different skill set than the NFL.  You can find guys that can do both, but there's a tactic in college, where you can be a strongman and use intimidation or fear as a tactic.  You have so much power, these kids rely on you to get playing time, to get seen, to get drafted -- so much of your career depends on one man, so there's a weird power dynamic.

In the NFL, a player doesn't have to take your abusive shit and can walk and another team will likely pick them up.

That's why I think a guy like Saban didn't work.  He can do the Xs and Os part, but I don't think you can bully millionaire adults into doing what you want like you can with 19 year old broke-ass kids.
The other half of being a college coach is recruiting. That's the part that you don't see on Saturday's and where at least half if not more of the games are decided. Guys like Saban know how to get the best players to commit to their school. There's simply nothing like this dynamic in professional sports and it's why some guys don't make it in the NFL after tremendous success in college.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 12:05:38 pm »

If Anthony Lynn is fired, that will be a very attractive job too but the Jags are probably #1 right now. I don't know too much about their management, whether they are incompetent or just have bad luck building a winner like we have had.

Chargers have parted ways with Anthony Lynn
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2021, 12:13:11 pm »

Chargers have parted ways with Anthony Lynn

Compared to the Jaguars and Chargers, who the hell would want the Texans job? They have a great QB and no one else, plus no draft picks or cap space. They'll get someone because there are only 32 jobs at any given moment, but it will be a retread like Marvin Lewis or some 34 year old coordinator.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2021, 12:19:06 pm »

The Jets HC job has got to be one of the worst jobs available.  The team has so many holes and no players that they can trade to pickup some future draft picks.  Everyone is talking about them drafting another QB, but IMO that's not going to do them any good with their other existing players.  They need to focus on building from the lines up, and hope they get really lucky with ALL of their draft picks.  Then maybe in three years they might be respectable.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 01:44:01 pm »

The Jets HC job has got to be one of the worst jobs available.  The team has so many holes and no players that they can trade to pickup some future draft picks.  Everyone is talking about them drafting another QB, but IMO that's not going to do them any good with their other existing players.  They need to focus on building from the lines up, and hope they get really lucky with ALL of their draft picks.  Then maybe in three years they might be respectable.

Plus the NY media which is always a nightmare. I think only the Texans job is worse.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray