Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2026, 06:59:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Chan Gailey fired
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Chan Gailey fired  (Read 5134 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8078


Email
« on: January 04, 2021, 02:28:58 pm »

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30651302/miami-dolphins-part-ways-oc-chan-gailey-source-says

It was time to move on, he was pretty terrible.
Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8774



« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 02:37:39 pm »

I think they made Gailey a sacrificial lamb so they can save face with their choice of Tua as the QB. Now the fans will blame the offensive struggles at the end of the year on Gailey and his conservative play calling, but I don't think that had much to do with anything as it was working better earlier in the year. Maybe defenses just started to figure it out and maybe it works better when you are ahead rather than behind. Who knows.

Having said that, I'm not really sure that they would have kept him around anyway as I think he was mostly brought in because of Fitzpatrick's knowledge of the offense and because it was supposedly an easier system to pick up then what they ran the previous year which hopefully was going to make it easier to transition to Tua, but since I kinda feel that Fitzpatrick may have played his last game for Miami and the fact that Tua now has enough NFL experience and will have a full offseason to learn any new offense they can bring in another offensive coordinator they feel meshes with Tua's abilities. We'll see how it works out.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 02:39:58 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8078


Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 02:42:09 pm »

aaaaaand the story has been has been pulled, Miami said that wasn't true.


https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1346181298394705920


Barry Jackson
@flasportsbuzz
ESPN says that Chan Gailey has not been fired and the error has been corrected and the story has been removed. ESPN said it was in no way's Schefter's fault. Schefter, in fact, hasn't reported anything on Gailey.
Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8774



« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 02:44:13 pm »

LMAO. Who is leaking incorrect information to the press just to make them look bad. That's the 2nd time that has happened this year isn't it? Wouldn't surprise me if they do fire him...but about a month from now after they are ready to name his successor.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 02:47:07 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 10137



« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 02:58:50 pm »

The play calling sucked but for most of the year but we didn't have the right personnel on the field. I wouldn't be sad if he left but I don't think one person or department deserves all the blame.
Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8774



« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 03:20:34 pm »

According to Reddit someone posted the information via a fake Schefter account which is why ESPN picked it up without apparently verifying the account was the real Adam Schefter.
Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 1657


Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 04:03:12 pm »

TBH, he wasn't exactly a world beater the first time he was in Miami and I don't know why they brought him on board again. 
Logged
masterfins
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 5829



« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 06:18:01 pm »

The play calling sucked but for most of the year but we didn't have the right personnel on the field. I wouldn't be sad if he left but I don't think one person or department deserves all the blame.

I won't argue the play calling wasn't the best, better than the plays Gase called but that's not saying much.  To be fair there were a couple rookies starting on the offensive line; early on the run game sucked because of this, but as the season went on the OL unit got better (still needs improvement, but got better).  Still lack a #1 receiver.
Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 10137



« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 07:32:17 pm »

I won't argue the play calling wasn't the best, better than the plays Gase called but that's not saying much.  To be fair there were a couple rookies starting on the offensive line; early on the run game sucked because of this, but as the season went on the OL unit got better (still needs improvement, but got better).  Still lack a #1 receiver.

Yes, we are either getting the best O-Linemen in the draft or the best WR so things will improve on that side.
Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 31366

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2021, 12:33:52 pm »

So, was this dude fired or what?
Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 16740


Bay Area Niner-Hater


« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2021, 10:09:01 pm »

No.  The story was reported by a fake account.
Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 8078


Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 09:04:07 am »

Not fired, but Chan Gailey resigned (not re-signed like I initially thought when I first saw this today lol).  We are officially in the market for a new OC.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1346820620529577985
Logged
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 23028

Do you know what I am saying?


Email
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2021, 09:10:58 am »

Yes, we are either getting the best O-Linemen in the draft or the best WR so things will improve on that side.

I did a mock for Miami last night where I traded down with Cinci from #3 to #5, then traded back up from #18 to #14...and came out of round 1 with OT Penei Sewell and WR DeVonta Smith.

That would be my own personal "best case scenario" for Miami...

On track...no surprise to see Chan leaving...was surprised he didn't get replaced earlier.

Logged

"No more yankie my wankie. The Donger need food!"
~Long Duk Dong
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 10137



« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 10:56:24 am »

I did a mock for Miami last night where I traded down with Cinci from #3 to #5, then traded back up from #18 to #14...and came out of round 1 with OT Penei Sewell and WR DeVonta Smith.

That would be my own personal "best case scenario" for Miami...

On track...no surprise to see Chan leaving...was surprised he didn't get replaced earlier.



I don't think the Bengals would trade up unless they were taking Sewell themselves. I can see us trading back with them, but only to still be able to draft Jamaar Chase while acquiring an extra 2nd rounder or something.
Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member
*****
Posts: 10137



« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 10:59:13 am »

Not fired, but Chan Gailey resigned (not re-signed like I initially thought when I first saw this today lol).  We are officially in the market for a new OC.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1346820620529577985

I wasn't really thrilled with Gailey, but this will be our 3rd OC in 3 seasons. This is how you screw up young players, especially QBs. We better nail it this time and have him get to work with Tua immediately.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray


Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines