Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:24:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  If available, would you trade for Deshaun Watson?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Print
Author Topic: If available, would you trade for Deshaun Watson?  (Read 43954 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2021, 04:44:01 pm »

The Houston QB pushed back on social media. “As a result of a social-media post by a publicity-seeking plaintiff’s lawyer, I recently became aware of a lawsuit that has apparently been filed against me,” Watson posted to Twitter. “I have not yet seen the complaint, but I know this: I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect. The plaintiff’s lawyer claims that this isn’t about money, but before filing suit he made a baseless six-figure settlement demand, which I quickly rejected. Unlike him, this isn’t about money for me — it’s about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that.”

It's a detailed denial, on the surface I tend to believe those. Compare this with other denials like what Antonio Brown used to say. Watson seems like a good egg, I don't think he did anything wrong but maybe the evidence says otherwise.

If he wins this suit, that makes him believable.  If he loses or settles, then his statement is 100% horseshit.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #256 on: March 17, 2021, 06:45:32 pm »

If he wins this suit, that makes him believable.  If he loses or settles, then his statement is 100% horseshit.

Oh, I know. I'm just saying my personal initial reactions lead me to think he is telling the truth.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2021, 10:14:58 am »

I saw a theory posted on reddit that the reason the Dolphins are not jumping into free agency as expected is because they are waiting to see what's going to happen with Deshaun Watson. It's certainly possible. If they want to make a splash in free agency, Deshaun Watson would be the biggest splash of all.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:18:08 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #258 on: March 18, 2021, 10:19:13 am »

I saw a theory posted on reddit that the reason the Dolphins are not jumping into free agency as expected is because they are waiting to see what's going to happen with Deshaun Watson. It's certainly possible. If they want to make a splash in free agency, Deshaun Watson would be the biggest splash of all.

I think that ship has sailed. At this point, the team and probably most of the fans feel that Tua plus our draft picks is better than Watson plus none of them. It's such a monumental decision as well that it can't be done on draft night. Has to be done weeks in advance, if not already because we are building our team as if Tua and the picks will be there. If it were Watson, we probably would've done things differently.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2021, 11:55:35 am »

And now Watson has been named in two more lawsuits for sexual assault.   It's looking more and more like he won't leave Houston.  Nobody is going to want him at this point
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2021, 12:31:40 pm »

And now Watson has been named in two more lawsuits for sexual assault.   It's looking more and more like he won't leave Houston.  Nobody is going to want him at this point

Oh, they'll take him. This just lowers his price and Houston may not move him now because of that. The league routinely employs wife beaters and drunk drivers and criminals as long as they are talented, they will tolerate a Top 5 QB who did some bad things with a hooker as long as he stays on the field.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2021, 12:48:37 pm »

Oh, they'll take him. This just lowers his price and Houston may not move him now because of that. The league routinely employs wife beaters and drunk drivers and criminals as long as they are talented, they will tolerate a Top 5 QB who did some bad things with a hooker as long as he stays on the field.

If you had posted that five years ago, I would've agreed.  But in today's cancel culture, that statement is up in the air
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2021, 01:15:01 pm »

If you had posted that five years ago, I would've agreed.  But in today's cancel culture, that statement is up in the air

Cancel culture only effects those who aren't talented enough like that Miami Heat player who said some racist shit playing a videogame. Xavien Howard had some legal issues about being violent with his girlfriend and we barely even remember that due to 10 INTs.

Now if Jakeem Grant said he hated Jews? You're off the team!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2021, 02:54:57 pm »

I can see Robert Kraft and him bonding over this.  Evil
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2021, 03:38:32 pm »

Cancel culture only effects those who aren't talented enough like that Miami Heat player who said some racist shit playing a videogame. Xavien Howard had some legal issues about being violent with his girlfriend and we barely even remember that due to 10 INTs.

Now if Jakeem Grant said he hated Jews? You're off the team!

Ray Rice wasn't talented?
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2021, 03:43:33 pm »

Ray Rice wasn't talented?
Not at the end of his career when that incident occurred.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2021, 03:54:03 pm »

Not at the end of his career when that incident occurred.

That and there is a difference when someone is arrested for domestic abuse and someone is on camera doing it. Obviously, not to the person being abused and you can't excuse their behavior just because a film crew wasn't there but people tend to forgive or forget what they can't see.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2021, 08:11:05 pm »

Sounds like it's beyond that as right now they have 3 who have come out and the attorney said today that 6 more will soon come forward. That's some really, really, bad press for anyone to take on.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2021, 08:40:23 pm »

not looking great for Watson, the NFL investigating isn't great

At least he could still win a presidential election as long as he hugged enough flags and made liberals angry enough.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2021, 09:26:45 pm »

Sounds like it's beyond that as right now they have 3 who have come out and the attorney said today that 6 more will soon come forward. That's some really, really, bad press for anyone to take on.

Is it the same lawyer representing them all and are they all from the same massage place? Not saying that proves his innocence if it is, but if it is a lawyer looking for a payday it's a lot easier to get one business involved then several others.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray