Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:47:30 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  If available, would you trade for Deshaun Watson?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Print
Author Topic: If available, would you trade for Deshaun Watson?  (Read 44002 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #330 on: April 07, 2021, 01:48:36 pm »

I don't think he will be anyone's QB in 2021 because he may have left a paper trail and if this very wealthy and famous man was seriously hiring hookers through Instagram, then he is a total degenerate that probably left a paper trail of other things.
I think you are giving him too much credit saying that he was hiring hookers through Instragram. That's not what he was doing at all, he was getting people into his home and other places on the pretense of getting a massage and then exposing himself to them and hoping to get more then a massage and if not bribe them to stay quiet and thought this was acceptable behavior. It's not.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:51:45 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #331 on: April 07, 2021, 02:14:04 pm »

I think you are giving him too much credit saying that he was hiring hookers through Instragram. That's not what he was doing at all, he was getting people into his home and other places on the pretense of getting a massage and then exposing himself to them and hoping to get more then a massage and if not bribe them to stay quiet and thought this was acceptable behavior. It's not.

If that is what he was doing, it is absolutely not acceptable. Whether or not it is criminal will depend on how far he went. Of course, prostitution is illegal but he won't be doing jail time for that. Only if he assaulted one of them.

Still, he is rich and probably has a mansion. If he really wanted those kinds of massages, go through your agent. He doesn't work at Walmart, getting off work and looking through Craigs List. I'm sure his agent could've set him up with models or actresses. What a dumbass.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #332 on: April 07, 2021, 04:59:47 pm »

If I were a celebrity/pro athlete/etc., I don't think I would ever leave my house.  Not a life that I would want at all. 

That statement is based on a myth you want to pretend is true.  That men are common victims to false allegations of sexual misconduct while actual misconduct is rare.  And that is total bullshit.  Reality the sexual assault is extremely common, most of it is never reported and false allegations are extremely rare.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #333 on: April 07, 2021, 06:25:42 pm »

That statement is based on a myth you want to pretend is true.  That men are common victims to false allegations of sexual misconduct while actual misconduct is rare.  And that is total bullshit.  Reality the sexual assault is extremely common, most of it is never reported and false allegations are extremely rare.

Slow down there, killer.  I was just talking about the general hassles that come with being a celebrity.  Not being able to go out to dinner without being hounded, not being able to go shopping without being hounded, not being able to meet a girl without wondering if she is in it for the paycheck, etc.   I wasn't saying a single fucking thing about whether the accusations against Watson are legit or not.  And yes, I am fully aware of sexual assault being common and often never reported and that false allegations are extremely rare. 20 years in law enforcement, remember?   If you want to jump all over my ass for something I say, go right ahead.  But pipe the F down about jumping up my ass over something I never said. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #334 on: April 11, 2021, 05:38:08 pm »

The Texans beat writer, Aaron Wilson, has been in his position for years.  He is now unemployed.  He appeared on a Boston sports radio station and called these lawsuits a "money grab" and referred to the victims as "terrorists"

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/04/10/audio-released-of-nfl-reporter-calling-deshaun-watson-lawsuits-a-money-grab-comparing-victims-to-terrorists-audio/
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #335 on: April 11, 2021, 06:18:23 pm »

The Texans beat writer, Aaron Wilson, has been in his position for years.  He is now unemployed.  He appeared on a Boston sports radio station and called these lawsuits a "money grab" and referred to the victims as "terrorists"

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/04/10/audio-released-of-nfl-reporter-calling-deshaun-watson-lawsuits-a-money-grab-comparing-victims-to-terrorists-audio/

As of this moment, I do agree with this assessment. Although, I definitely will allow for the possibility that Watson exposed himself and tried to pay for sex, I just won't say that is worth $5 Million in emotional damage.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #336 on: April 12, 2021, 01:05:13 pm »

As of this moment, I do agree with this assessment. Although, I definitely will allow for the possibility that Watson exposed himself and tried to pay for sex, I just won't say that is worth $5 Million in emotional damage.
Watson’s attorney already admitted he had sex with multiple therapists but said it was consensual. The plaintiffs say it was not.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #337 on: April 12, 2021, 01:10:41 pm »

Watson’s attorney already admitted he had sex with multiple therapists but said it was consensual. The plaintiffs say it was not.

Very sadly, rape is hard to prove unless it is reported immediately. Even then, it usually requires some type of evidence like an admission of guilt via text or something like that.

If Watson saw the same therapist he allegedly raped AFTER the date they claimed they were raped, then their case stands no chance. There has to be some sort of proof for this to go forward past the accusational phase. If he did do this, I hope they have it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #338 on: April 12, 2021, 01:18:46 pm »

This whole thing makes you think whether the lack of a Watson trade was because the Texans just refused or teams knew there was something and didn't want to make any offers until this was sorted out? You obviously can't trade 3-4 1st rounders for a guy that goes to jail.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #339 on: April 12, 2021, 04:53:44 pm »

Very sadly, rape is hard to prove unless it is reported immediately. Even then, it usually requires some type of evidence like an admission of guilt via text or something like that.

If Watson saw the same therapist he allegedly raped AFTER the date they claimed they were raped, then their case stands no chance. There has to be some sort of proof for this to go forward past the accusation phase. If he did do this, I hope they have it.
Many people get convicted on circumstantial evidence.  Circumstantial evidence is considered a legitimate form of proof in federal and state courts. A person may be convicted of a crime based on circumstantial proof alone. When it's a he said vs she said the "he" is often at a disadvantage but when the "she" is dozens I'm guessing he's pretty much screwed regardless of if he is guilty or not.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #340 on: April 12, 2021, 06:10:39 pm »

Many people get convicted on circumstantial evidence.  Circumstantial evidence is considered a legitimate form of proof in federal and state courts. A person may be convicted of a crime based on circumstantial proof alone. When it's a he said vs she said the "he" is often at a disadvantage but when the "she" is dozens I'm guessing he's pretty much screwed regardless of if he is guilty or not.

While it is possible, I don't see Watson going to jail based off on no evidence but accusations. Now, if a bunch of accusations are followed with some text messages that say something like "sorry I was so rough" or "I'll pay extra if you don't tell people" then it's something more.

I don't want to drag politics into this forum, but in our current political climate, I don't see a successful black man going to jail for the rest of his life based off of nothing but accusations from white women.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #341 on: April 13, 2021, 02:18:09 am »

I don't want to drag politics into this forum, but in our current political climate, I don't see a successful black man going to jail for the rest of his life based off of nothing but accusations from white women.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #342 on: April 13, 2021, 02:41:17 pm »

Ooof.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2021, 05:03:22 pm »

Isn't it time to put an end to this thread?  Or at least move it to the "Around the NFL" forum.

PS I have a craving for a pudding pop now.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2021, 06:04:33 pm »

Isn't it time to put an end to this thread?  Or at least move it to the "Around the NFL" forum.

PS I have a craving for a pudding pop now.

I would move it to the other forum, we can keep it going as a legal update thread. Which is insane to think about from where this started.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray