Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:20:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2020 NFL Draft General Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 2020 NFL Draft General Discussion  (Read 4241 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 10:47:55 am »

Per ESPN, Jordan Love would not be the starter in 2021 if Rodgers is traded or retires. His practices have been terrible and he has shown nothing to suggest he can be the starter anytime soon. Local beat reporters have said the same thing all season.

Like I said, what terrible management to waste a 1st rounder on a project when you are that close to the Superbowl. They just lost by 5 points, wouldn't drafting a receiver or anyone to help the team this year have helped out? I know it's good to draft a QB to be there for when Aaron steps down, but not a 1st rounder when your current QB is the goddamn MVP and has a few years left on his deal.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2021, 04:20:54 pm »

Per ESPN, Jordan Love would not be the starter in 2021 if Rodgers is traded or retires. His practices have been terrible and he has shown nothing to suggest he can be the starter anytime soon. Local beat reporters have said the same thing all season.

Like I said, what terrible management to waste a 1st rounder on a project when you are that close to the Superbowl. They just lost by 5 points, wouldn't drafting a receiver or anyone to help the team this year have helped out? I know it's good to draft a QB to be there for when Aaron steps down, but not a 1st rounder when your current QB is the goddamn MVP and has a few years left on his deal.

After the NFC title game I bet they wish instead they drafted an additional offensive lineman to protect Rodgers, or a top cornerback after the way Brady burned Kevin King at crucial times for scores...

If Green Bay came to us and offered a silly deal to get Xavien Howard figuring he was the last piece to their Superbowl puzzle (say like what we got for Tunsil & Stills being 2x firsts, etc) should we bite? Food for thought there.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2021, 04:35:08 pm »

After the NFC title game I bet they wish instead they drafted an additional offensive lineman to protect Rodgers, or a top cornerback after the way Brady burned Kevin King at crucial times for scores...

If Green Bay came to us and offered a silly deal to get Xavien Howard figuring he was the last piece to their Superbowl puzzle (say like what we got for Tunsil & Stills being 2x firsts, etc) should we bite? Food for thought there.

After the Tunsil trade, you listen on everyone. The Packers wouldn't give up what it takes to get the best CB in the league since their draft picks are almost always  at the end of the 1st round but as a GM you always have to listen.

But it can't be stressed enough, the Packers seriously screwed up with drafting Love instead of helping the 2020 team and this was even before it's being shown that Love might be terrible. Their window is closing so I expect them to be smarter in the draft and more aggressive in Free agency this time around.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2021, 06:20:41 pm »

Like I said, what terrible management to waste a 1st rounder on a project when you are that close to the Superbowl. They just lost by 5 points, wouldn't drafting a receiver or anyone to help the team this year have helped out?
I’m sure Brett Favre would have preferred that GB had drafted a receiver or defender instead of Aaron Rodgers, especially when the Packers were losing the 2007 NFC CG to the Giants in overtime.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2021, 08:40:10 pm »

I’m sure Brett Favre would have preferred that GB had drafted a receiver or defender instead of Aaron Rodgers, especially when the Packers were losing the 2007 NFC CG to the Giants in overtime.

Fair point and odd that it was the Packers again, but it was still the wrong move for the Packers to do it in 2020 with everything factored in. Only Love turning into the next franchise QB will salvage it and that seems very unlikely right now.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray