Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:26:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Hyde: He’s old, he’s the underdog, he showed up Belichick — how can’t you root f
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Hyde: He’s old, he’s the underdog, he showed up Belichick — how can’t you root f  (Read 4672 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2021, 09:56:23 am »

Saw this in an article today about this subject and found it humorous.

There is a definitive answer to the Tom Brady vs. Bill Belichick debate, and it has nothing to do with which New England Patriots legend is involved in Super Bowl LV.

Bill Belichick never threw a block. He never made a tackle. He never threw a pass nor kicked a ball. Players win games.

Hold on. Don’t get mad. Don’t close that tab yet. That’s a quote from Belichick himself. He said it in 2012 after winning his 200th game.

“It’s been a privilege and a great opportunity to coach the players that won those games,” Belichick said at the time. “I didn’t make a block, I didn’t make a tackle, I didn’t throw a pass, I didn’t kick a ball — the players win. But it’s been an honor to coach the group of players that really go out there and make plays and win those games.”

Belichick made a similar statement as recently as this season after winning a game in his 50th stadium, which was made a big deal for some odd reason.

“The only reason I’ve won a lot of games is because I’ve coached a lot of good players,” Belichick said. “Players win games and I’ve been fortunate to coach a lot of great players through the years. We won today because our players made big plays to win. I’m fortunate to have the opportunity to coach some outstanding players and they turned those into outstanding teams.”

There’s more.

From 2019, after Belichick won his 300th game:

“It’s a great privilege to coach this team and to coach the guys that I’ve coached throughout my career,” Belichick said. “Fortunately, I didn’t play in any of those games. That’s a good thing for us, but I’ve had a lot of good players, a lot of great players and they’re the ones that win the games. I’ve had a lot of great assistant coaches on my staff through the wins at Cleveland and certainly here. I was a part of those but, honestly, players win games in this league and I’ve been fortunate that I’ve coached a lot of great ones.”

After the Patriots won Super Bowl LIII.

“Obviously, couldn’t do it without all of them,” Belichick said. “They’re the ones that deserve the credit. The players went out there and competed against a great football team.”

Before the Patriots played in Super Bowl XLII.

“All the credit goes to the players,” Belichick said. “I’m really lucky to coach this team.”

And on it goes. You get the point.

https://nesn.com/2021/01/tom-brady-or-bill-belichick-patriots-head-coach-already-answered-debate/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 09:58:57 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2021, 10:17:30 am »

To Hyde's original question, I freely admit Brady's greatness and grudgingly admit he probably is the GOAT at QB.   But I will still find it very easy to root against him in the Super Bowl because I don't like him. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2021, 11:50:40 am »

The only thing that article proves is the fact (despite the false narrative to the contrary) that BB is extremely humble.  After a win he never takes credit, he always praises others.  After a loss he credits the other team and blames himself never others.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 01:38:05 pm »

The only thing that article proves is the fact (despite the false narrative to the contrary) that BB is extremely humble.  After a win he never takes credit, he always praises others.  After a loss he credits the other team and blames himself never others.   

That's what a smart coach does.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2021, 08:01:00 pm »

The greatest coach of all time, Don Shula  Grin was doing that when BB was a high school kid. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2021, 08:37:22 pm »

Here's a good analogy and yes it's from my life, and I don't care what you think of that.  It seems like an appropriate analogy, so I will use it.

I bought a car this month.  I told my coworkers about it and they congratulated me.  One of them said, "I guess you will now have to make car payments."   

I said that no, I wouldn't have to because I had saved up enough for it.  She punched me playfully and jealously, saying she wishes she could buy a car outright.

Now, I worked very hard (I rarely take unpaid days off) to save up for that car and made some wise decisions to do so.  However, i also have advantages that my coworker does not have.  I live with my parents and do not have children.

The fact that I was able to buy my car outright while she couldn't does not necessarily mean that I am more successful then she is.  There are other factors in play in this situation.

The fact that Brady has more Super Bowl rings than any other player or quarterback does not necessarily mean he is greater than them.  There are other factors in play in this situation too.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2021, 08:40:54 pm »

Saw this in an article today about this subject and found it humorous.

There is a definitive answer to the Tom Brady vs. Bill Belichick debate, and it has nothing to do with which New England Patriots legend is involved in Super Bowl LV.

Bill Belichick never threw a block. He never made a tackle. He never threw a pass nor kicked a ball. Players win games.

Hold on. Don’t get mad. Don’t close that tab yet. That’s a quote from Belichick himself. He said it in 2012 after winning his 200th game.

“It’s been a privilege and a great opportunity to coach the players that won those games,” Belichick said at the time. “I didn’t make a block, I didn’t make a tackle, I didn’t throw a pass, I didn’t kick a ball — the players win. But it’s been an honor to coach the group of players that really go out there and make plays and win those games.”

Belichick made a similar statement as recently as this season after winning a game in his 50th stadium, which was made a big deal for some odd reason.

“The only reason I’ve won a lot of games is because I’ve coached a lot of good players,” Belichick said. “Players win games and I’ve been fortunate to coach a lot of great players through the years. We won today because our players made big plays to win. I’m fortunate to have the opportunity to coach some outstanding players and they turned those into outstanding teams.”

There’s more.

From 2019, after Belichick won his 300th game:

“It’s a great privilege to coach this team and to coach the guys that I’ve coached throughout my career,” Belichick said. “Fortunately, I didn’t play in any of those games. That’s a good thing for us, but I’ve had a lot of good players, a lot of great players and they’re the ones that win the games. I’ve had a lot of great assistant coaches on my staff through the wins at Cleveland and certainly here. I was a part of those but, honestly, players win games in this league and I’ve been fortunate that I’ve coached a lot of great ones.”

After the Patriots won Super Bowl LIII.

“Obviously, couldn’t do it without all of them,” Belichick said. “They’re the ones that deserve the credit. The players went out there and competed against a great football team.”

Before the Patriots played in Super Bowl XLII.

“All the credit goes to the players,” Belichick said. “I’m really lucky to coach this team.”

And on it goes. You get the point.

https://nesn.com/2021/01/tom-brady-or-bill-belichick-patriots-head-coach-already-answered-debate/

Belichick DID

- Mismanage the clock at the end of the 2006 AFC title game*
- Make a dubious decision on fourth and long in the 2007 Super Bowl*
- Bench his best defensive player for an entire Super Bowl, costing the Patriots the game

Brady also did not make a block, intercept a pass, force a fumble, make his opponents do stupid things.

Don't forget Brady gave his MVP car from Super Bowl XLIX directly to Malcolm Butler

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2021, 08:41:58 pm »

By all accounts Brady is a wonderful and generous human being.     

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2021, 01:19:29 pm »

Damn ... Danny Amendola just blasted BB and the Patriots and put TB on a pedestal ... LOL.

When asked about New England head coach Bill Belichick getting players to buy in to the "Patriot Way" Amendola responded

"When you see the 'Patriot Way' in the dictionary, it's got Tom Brady's picture next to it. None of those coaches caught any passes. None of those coaches made any tackles. They got guys in the right positions because they watched a lot of film and spent a lot of time at the facility. Tom Brady is the 'Patriot Way.' That's why he's in the Super Bowl & the Patriots aren't."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2021, 02:05:56 pm »

Here's a good analogy and yes it's from my life, and I don't care what you think of that.  It seems like an appropriate analogy, so I will use it.

I bought a car this month.  I told my coworkers about it and they congratulated me.  One of them said, "I guess you will now have to make car payments."   

I said that no, I wouldn't have to because I had saved up enough for it.  She punched me playfully and jealously, saying she wishes she could buy a car outright.

Now, I worked very hard (I rarely take unpaid days off) to save up for that car and made some wise decisions to do so.  However, i also have advantages that my coworker does not have.  I live with my parents and do not have children.

The fact that I was able to buy my car outright while she couldn't does not necessarily mean that I am more successful then she is.  There are other factors in play in this situation.

The fact that Brady has more Super Bowl rings than any other player or quarterback does not necessarily mean he is greater than them.  There are other factors in play in this situation too.
Who are you and what have you done with Dolphins4life?  Evil I'm joking of course but this is perhaps the most wisdom in one of your posts that I have ever seen. Please let this person out more often.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2021, 07:50:12 pm »

I believe what you mean to say here "is either way he is a miserable fuck."  He might smile for about an hour after winning a Super Bowl, but that's about it.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2021, 09:03:38 pm »

Who are you and what have you done with Dolphins4life?  Evil I'm joking of course but this is perhaps the most wisdom in one of your posts that I have ever seen. Please let this person out more often.

It comes out quite a bit.  Remember this?

http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=25901.30 

Sometimes, however, I say things that people on the board don't like, even if they are totally correct, in which case the usual results are just insults and rhetoric.     

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2021, 09:13:11 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SxpiE0_FNY&t=1223s

Great work here.  I won't make you watch the whole video, but if you do, it's very well done, but here are the key stats.

1) W-L with a rating of below 78.5 on 25+ attempts

Brady is 10-5
Every other NFL quarterback ever is 90-310

2) Playoff wins since 2001 with a rating of below 78.5 on 33+ attempts

Brady is 9-5
Every other NFL quarterback is 10-75

3) W-L with a rating of below 73.5 on 33+ attempts

Brady is 7-4
Every other NFL quarterback is 27-175

4) Playoff W-L since 2001 with a rating of below 86.5 on at least 25 attempts.

Brady is 11-7
Every other NFL quarterback is 40-116 

5) Playoff W-L when throwing more INTs than TDs since 2001

Brady is 6-5
Every other NFL quarterback is 4-52

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2021, 09:30:30 pm »

Damn ... Danny Amendola just blasted BB and the Patriots and put TB on a pedestal ... LOL.

When asked about New England head coach Bill Belichick getting players to buy in to the "Patriot Way" Amendola responded

"When you see the 'Patriot Way' in the dictionary, it's got Tom Brady's picture next to it. None of those coaches caught any passes. None of those coaches made any tackles. They got guys in the right positions because they watched a lot of film and spent a lot of time at the facility. Tom Brady is the 'Patriot Way.' That's why he's in the Super Bowl & the Patriots aren't."

I think it has far more to do with the stout play of the Buccaneer defense.     

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2021, 08:29:01 am »

I think it has far more to do with the stout play of the Buccaneer defense.     
At times that has been true but Brady brings a lot more to the team than his play. He coaches the whole offense and has helped to motivate a struggling defense. Bucs players also are giving a lot of credit to Gronk but there is definitely a huge Brady effect on that team.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray