Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:15:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2020 Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: 2020 Playoffs  (Read 8856 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2021, 08:43:09 am »

I think GB will win because the team knows how to play in the cold.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2021, 05:21:32 pm »

What does this post mean?  Are you saying the refs are certain to NOT make a bad call against Tampa Bay on Sunday? 

You only need to refer to your post above to understand what my post means.  You profess that the only reason the Patriots haven't been to, or won, the SB every year since 2012 is because they were robbed by bad calls.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2021, 07:29:12 pm »

You only need to refer to your post above to understand what my post means.  You profess that the only reason the Patriots haven't been to, or won, the SB every year since 2012 is because they were robbed by bad calls.

Is this wrong?  Are we supposed to deny things happened when they did?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2021, 09:36:35 am »

I'm sure it will be because there was a bad call by the refs against Brady.  Roll Eyes

What does this post mean?  Are you saying the refs are certain to NOT make a bad call against Tampa Bay on Sunday? 

Is this wrong?  Are we supposed to deny things happened when they did? 

Absolutely not. You should just speak more loudly against the deniers, and then randomly hug 9 of them, so they know just how serious you are about this zebra-striped tragedy. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2021, 10:48:18 pm »

Here's an analogy

If I post on this board that I hit $200 on scratch ticket on Christmas Eve, you people will not want that to be true.  You wouldn't want me to hit $200 on a scratch ticket. 

You may respond to this post by saying I didn't hit $200 on a scratch ticket.  I would respond by saying that I did.  You might respond to by continuing to say I didn't.  However, this does not change the fact that I did in fact hit $200 on a scratch ticket.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2021, 10:57:24 pm »

On another note, I'm trying to find a way to bet on the Bucs for Sunday.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2021, 07:10:45 am »

Here's an analogy

If I post on this board that I hit $200 on scratch ticket on Christmas Eve, you people will not want that to be true.  You wouldn't want me to hit $200 on a scratch ticket.  

You may respond to this post by saying I didn't hit $200 on a scratch ticket.  I would respond by saying that I did.  You might respond to by continuing to say I didn't.  However, this does not change the fact that I did in fact hit $200 on a scratch ticket.

I think you are grossly overestimating how much anyone here cares about what happens in your personal life.  PS, $200 is like dinner and a bar tab.  Not particularly brag worthy.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:05:25 am by Dolphster » Logged
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2021, 08:38:29 am »

Here's an analogy

If I post on this board that I hit $200 on scratch ticket on Christmas Eve, you people will not want that to be true.  You wouldn't want me to hit $200 on a scratch ticket. 

You may respond to this post by saying I didn't hit $200 on a scratch ticket.  I would respond by saying that I did.  You might respond to by continuing to say I didn't.  However, this does not change the fact that I did in fact hit $200 on a scratch ticket.

extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof

if you post that you hit $200 on a scratch off .. um .. good for you .. that's not extraordinary .. it happens

if you post that you hit the powerball and won 430 million then yeah .. you're full of shit.

That's the difference.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2021, 08:36:45 pm »

I never make claims on here without proof.  

I hope the Bucs lose on Sunday, but also hope that it if they do it is not because of a bad call that goes against them.       

I don't think they will lose.  I would bet that entire $200 scratch ticket that they win.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 08:46:18 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2021, 08:37:45 pm »

I think you are grossly overestimating how much anyone here cares about what happens in your personal life.  PS, $200 is like dinner and a bar tab.  Not particularly brag worthy.

$200 for dinner?  Wow

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2021, 08:38:28 pm »

You only need to refer to your post above to understand what my post means.  You profess that the only reason the Patriots haven't been to, or won, the SB every year since 2012 is because they were robbed by bad calls.

It wasn't the only reason, but they certainly had a huge influence.

For example, Super Bowl 52 was very well officiated until the last play, which should have had the Eagles flagged for illegal contact.  Now, there is no guarantee that the Patriots complete a second Hail Mary from the 46, but you never know.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 08:47:52 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2021, 12:25:01 am »

To give you all more motivation to root for GB, I will make this promise.  If the Packers win, I will only post in the off-topic board until the start of next season.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2021, 02:46:39 am »

Don't write checks you can't cash.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2021, 06:10:00 pm »

Packers coach is an imbecile to go for the field goal with 2 minutes left and give the Bucs the ball back. Especially when it was 4th and goal, what the hell was the FG going to do for you anyway?

Maybe the Packers would've won if they had used their 1st rounder in 2020 on someone who could help the current team. Oh well, I'm sure Aaron Rodgers doesn't hold grudges and won't say anything about it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2021, 06:14:01 pm »

Score this one in the D4L is right column, although in this case being right sucks.

Brady throws three interceptions in a playoff game and still wins.

I don't know if I count the touchdown at the end of the half as a Hail Mary.  It wasn't a pass up for grabs in the end zone.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 06:57:50 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray