Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:31:29 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2020 Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: 2020 Playoffs  (Read 8976 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2021, 06:58:26 pm »

Packers coach is an imbecile to go for the field goal with 2 minutes left and give the Bucs the ball back. Especially when it was 4th and goal, what the hell was the FG going to do for you anyway?

Insane play calling the the last quarter by the Packers, with around 8 minutes to go they just stopped doing what got them back in the game the start of the second half.

They went to an empty backfield way too early, culminating in the three missed shots for the touchdown and the mystifying decision to take the field goal. The last two series were downright horrible. Frustratingly stupid stuff considering how well Rodgers and the defense played.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2021, 07:18:44 pm »

The Bucs have scored 35 points off turnovers in the past two games

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2021, 07:39:00 pm »

Three key calls in this game.

This was Rodgers' interception, which led to the touchdown before the half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7M2UyVSpSw

It does appear to be a grab and pull of the jersey, which could have been called.

This was in the fourth quarter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEahZXY_O1w

Is the pass interference?  He does grab the jersey and give it a little pull, but does it affect his ability to run his route?  I guess the officials thought it didn't.  Somebody pointed out a possible hands to the face.  However, illegal hands to the face can only be called against the offense.

Of course, the big one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13DfVhlcrWs.

This is pretty obvious PI.  The only argument some people would make it that the pass was uncatchable, but that was clearly catchable.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2021, 07:55:57 pm »

The Bucs have scored 35 points off turnovers in the past two games

Bucs defense has been lights out the last two games -  Todd Bowles deserves a lot of credit. Really deserves another head coach shot too IMO.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2021, 07:57:17 pm »

And Brady just won’t freaking go away. If this is a Bucs/Bills Superbowl I’m going to hate every minute of it.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2021, 08:01:37 pm »

They won that game in spite of Brady, not because of him.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2021, 08:03:15 pm »

Three key calls in this game.

This was Rodgers' interception, which led to the touchdown before the half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7M2UyVSpSw

It does appear to be a grab and pull of the jersey, which could have been called.

This was in the fourth quarter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEahZXY_O1w

Is the pass interference?  He does grab the jersey and give it a little pull, but does it affect his ability to run his route?  I guess the officials thought it didn't.  Somebody pointed out a possible hands to the face.  However, illegal hands to the face can only be called against the offense.

Of course, the big one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13DfVhlcrWs.

This is pretty obvious PI.  The only argument some people would make it that the pass was uncatchable, but that was clearly catchable.

All three incidents should have drawn flags (for either holding or PI), I guess it's just Brady's luck only the last one got called.

I wonder how much of it has to do with how vocal Brady is with the refs? Earlier in the game I heard him calling for a helmet to helmet hit (which was rightfully ignored), and that PI flag was thrown very late. Up until then the refs had let a lot go during the game both ways... it's probably just coincidence.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2021, 08:09:28 pm »

Am I wrong that hands to the face cannot be called on the defensive line?  The NFL rulebook only mentions an offensive blocker.

Some refs will allow you to grab a jersey if you immediately let go and it does not significantly affect the play.

This could justify the no-call on the second one.

However, in the first one, the defender grabs and pulls the receiver to get himself in position to make the interception. 

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2021, 09:28:06 pm »

Bills are getting crushed and they were lucky to even score their only TD to this point.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2021, 09:42:00 pm »

I don’t understand something. Watching bills and chiefs. A whole lot of personal fouls were called on both teams. Buffalo was called for one more personal foul than the chiefs were. But all penalties were ruled to be offsetting. Why? Since bills had one more penalty called against them, I would think that they would at least be penalized 15 yards?

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2021, 09:44:13 pm »

On the first one, I think that should have been a penalty.  Some refs will allow a jersey grab if it's quick and doesn't affect the receiver too much.  This was a long grab and a clear tug.

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2021, 10:08:12 pm »

I don’t understand something. Watching bills and chiefs. A whole lot of personal fouls were called on both teams. Buffalo was called for one more personal foul than the chiefs were. But all penalties were ruled to be offsetting. Why? Since bills had one more penalty called against them, I would think that they would at least be penalized 15 yards?

Doesn't matter how many are accumulated by one side, if the other has just one then they are automatically offset.

Only way there could be a difference would be if someone gets thrown out of the game. Overall I think the officiating crew (including the overseers in New York) did a good job with the final decision even if they took too long, call the penalties on both sides, then let them get back to the game.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2021, 11:37:06 pm »

Just to clarify: if there are penalties on both sides during a play that involves a turnover, penalties don't automatically offset.  There is a decision tree that is used to determine how to enforce the penalties, based on whether the defense committed a penalty after the turnover (clean hands recovery) or before the turnover (unclean hands).

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2021, 11:58:30 pm »

I was right about

1) My preseason Super Bowl pick

2) The game this weekend.

Like I said, I am very smart when it comes to football

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2021, 12:00:57 am »

Bucs sure won't get any calls against the Golden Boy next week though.

Note:  I looked up the hands to the face rule and you have to go inside the facemask to commit that penalty, so no problem there.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray