Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:49:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2020 Playoffs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: 2020 Playoffs  (Read 8860 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2021, 12:05:13 am »

Thank you Downunder and Spider. I still don’t agree, but now I get it. I “think” I get it, but I have beer brain right now.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2021, 03:38:24 am »

Tom Brady has made history in the Super Bowl twice now.  He played in the first ever Super Bowl to go into OT (vs Atlanta in 2016).   Now he led the Bucs to be the first ever team to play in the Super Bowl on their home turf.

And I gotta point this out as well.  Packers all pro LT David Bahktiari was out with an injury.  His replacement was none other than Billy Turner, the Dolphins third round draft bust in 2014.  Not surprisingly, Aaron Rodgers got sacked five times.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:35:32 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2021, 08:22:48 am »

Tom Brady has made history in the Super Bowl twice now.  He played in the first ever Super Bowl to go into OT (vs Atlanta in 2016).   Now he led the Bucs to be the first ever team to play in the Super Bowl on their home turf.

Way more than twice.  Only person to play in 10 SBs, only player to win 6, Most TDs, passing yards, pass attempts, completions, etc.Pretty much any SB record that exists for a qb Brady owns by a wide margin.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2021, 08:55:47 pm »

I would like to issue a retraction of my comments about the officiating.  Each of the three plays I cited was properly adjudicated.

While the defender in the first video (the one of Rodgers' interception) does grab and pull the jersey, he does so and then immediately attempts to make a play on the ball.  This is almost never called.  I have seen examples of similar plays not called.

The second video is of the pass to Lazard in the fourth quarter.  While there is a grab of the jersey, there is virtually no tugging and it does not affect Lazard's ability to run his route or make the play

The third video involves a clear jersey grab and pull, where the defender makes no effort whatsoever to make a play on the ball.  This will be called almost every time.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2021, 11:08:00 pm »

18 missed opportunities for the Packers

https://sports.yahoo.com/18-missed-opportunities-cost-packers-043846098.html

Surprised nobody is talking about the dropped interception before the score before the half. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray