Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:48:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Drew Brees
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Drew Brees  (Read 1929 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 18, 2021, 09:42:50 pm »

Drew Brees was caught on camera telling Jameis Winston that this was now his team.  This could be the end of his career.

Many people would consider him the GOAT.  He shattered many records. 

Dolphins fans know him because Miami had a chance to draft him in 2001, but chose Jamar Fletcher.  However, as time has shown us, who you have at quarterback is not as important as it is often made out to be.

He won his only Super Bowl appearance in 2009.  He suffered many playoff heartbreaks during his career.  There was the last second comeback by the 49ers in 2011.  There was the idiotic play by Colston in 2013.  There was the Miracle in 2017.  There was the bad call in 2018.  There was the overtime loss to the Vikings in 2019.  Even this year, that game was very winnable for the Saints until the crucial fumble.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 12:09:16 pm »

LMFAO, Brees is nowhere near GOAT status. He may not even be in the top 10 all time. He only got all those stats because he been in the league for like 50 years, lol. Many more factors to consider other than raw stats. He's fucked up and choked in as many big games as he has won.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 12:11:14 pm by pondwater » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2021, 01:21:23 pm »

I wouldn't take anyone who called Brees the GOAT seriously.

He's not even the best or second best....or probably 3rd best of his own era.

He's a great player, but there is some seriously hyperbole going on.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2021, 01:25:07 pm »

Drew Brees has been an excellent QB for a long time, and a sure-fire first ballot HOF'er.

But GOAT? Oh no...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2021, 01:55:51 pm »

Brees was great but never the GOAT. He played at a time where the league changed the rules to make everything pass happy. Of the Top 35 single season passing yards seasons, 31 of them came within the last 15 years. Only Marino and Dan Fouts are before 2000.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 02:08:42 pm »

He's definitely not the GOAT.  But he's definitely a first ballot HOFer.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 02:32:55 pm »

I feel bad that this thread even turned into what Brees isn't.  The guy is HOF undoubtedly.  He's been in the league for 20 years.  1/4 of that he was with the Chargers, though....and they weren't even interested in holding on to him.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2021, 03:23:38 am »

If the Patriots go to the Superbowl, the greatest QB of all time Brees will beat him .
   At east one person on this site thins he is the goat  I'm bac on my broen aptop again. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2021, 03:24:57 am »

LMFAO, Brees is nowhere near GOAT status. He may not even be in the top 10 all time. He only got all those stats because he been in the league for like 50 years, lol. Many more factors to consider other than raw stats. He's fucked up and choked in as many big games as he has won.
   That must mean Marino did, too, ony much more, since Brees has had far more payoff success.   

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2021, 02:47:26 am »

You can plug a USB keyboard into your laptop.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2021, 06:29:00 pm »

I have two laptops.  One is broken, one is not.  Sometimes I grab the first one I find, and it's my broken one.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2021, 07:52:00 am »

IMO, Marino was a better QB than Brees, just from the eye test. 

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2021, 11:24:25 am »

I have two laptops.  One is broken, one is not.  Sometimes I grab the first one I find, and it's my broken one.

If it wasn't for the poor people living on your dime, you'd definitely have a dozen of the nicest laptops ever made...ones that have working keyboards even!

What a calamity...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2021, 11:42:32 am »

IMO, Marino was a better QB than Brees, just from the eye test. 
If everything was equal among all QBs of all time(same age, rules etc) I doubt very many QBs would be chosen over him to start a team. He was "arguably" the best pure passing QB of all time. It's amazing to go back and watch his games from a time when receivers were being mugged.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray