Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:20:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Hyde: He’s old, he’s the underdog, he showed up Belichick — how can’t you root f
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Hyde: He’s old, he’s the underdog, he showed up Belichick — how can’t you root f  (Read 4715 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2021, 02:35:00 pm »

I don’t think Brady winning in anyway tarnishes the legacy of Bill “It is better to get rid of a player too early than too late” Belichick.

I really don't either...BB is still one of the greatest football coaches of our era.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2021, 02:41:35 pm »

The biggest thing tarnishing BB's legacy to TB's is the fact Bill has 1 playoff win without Tom but Tom already has 3 without him and in less years. I dare say if BB doesn't make the playoffs again next year a lot of Patriot fans will turn on him.  

Two. Steelers was more Bledsoe than Brady.  

And BB deserves at least 3- 4 years to rebuilding the team.  

If Brady is still playing at a higher level than Patriots QB in 2023 then BB let him go too soon.  But Brady having one or two good years is not a problem.  NE got to the SB 9 times in 20 years BECAUSE BB was willing to let Wilfork, Seymour, Welker, etc leave a few years BEFORE the decline rather than after.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2021, 02:44:04 pm »

I really don't either...BB is still one of the greatest football coachesof our era.

Fixed

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2021, 03:50:39 pm »

I really don't either...BB is still one of the greatest football coaches of our era.
I don't think anyone doubts him being a great defensive coach but can he build a winning team without TB? He's in total control so if he can't then no one to blame but himself.

With all this said we are talking about fans here and we all know how fickle they can be. I just think if BB struggles next year a lot of people will be jumping off his ship.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2021, 03:59:01 pm »

BB is 68 years old and has enough Super Bowl rings from NYG and NE to fill up his fingers on both hands.
I think he's probably past the point of having something to prove.  It's not like he inherited someone else's Tom Brady.  The game manager Tom Brady of 2001 is a far cry from the perennial MVP candidate and multiple passing record-holder Tom Brady of the last decade, and Belichick's coaching had significant influence on that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 04:01:26 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2021, 05:05:02 pm »

BB is 68 years old and has enough Super Bowl rings from NYG and NE to fill up his fingers on both hands.
I think he's probably past the point of having something to prove.  It's not like he inherited someone else's Tom Brady.  The game manager Tom Brady of 2001 is a far cry from the perennial MVP candidate and multiple passing record-holder Tom Brady of the last decade, and Belichick's coaching had significant influence on that.
So are you saying that many Patriot fans won't jump ship if next season doesn't pan out? I get that you like him but remember how DolFans and media turned on Don Shula? Today's NFL is much more immediate gratification today than ever before.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2021, 06:38:00 pm »

It took Dolphin fans 22 years to turn on Shula.
I think BB will be fine for a while.

Plus, I don't think NE fans want BB gone if there's any chance McDaniels takes his place.  No one can be that blinded by homerism.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2021, 09:10:25 pm »

Rooting for Brady is like rooting for somebody who always hits scratch and win to hit another one.

It may be hard for me as a Marino fan, given the shit people talk about Marino, yet watching Brady win game after game and get break after break from his teammates and his opponents

Maybe it was in 2006, where he threw three interceptions in the Divisional round against SD, but the Chargers were DETEMINED to make more mistakes to lose that game.

Maybe it was watching him throw three interceptions against SD in 2007 in the AFC title game, but still win because SD couldn't score a single touchdown.

Maybe it was the 2011 AFC title game, where he threw two interceptions, but Lee Evans couldn't hold onto the winning score, and then Billy Cundiff misses the easy field goal. 

Or in the 2014 Super Bowl, when he threw two costly interceptions in the Super Bowl, but his defense turned into the 1985 Bears defense in the fourth quarter, preventing the Seahawks from icing the game.  Then of course, the dumbest pass play in SB history.

Or in the 2016 Super Bowl, where he became the first quarterback to throw a pick six in the Super Bowl, but because the Falcons decided to do insanely stupid things, the Patriots still won.

Or the 2018 AFC title game, where he let the Chiefs back into the game with the first of his two interceptions.  Then he threw what should have been the game clinching int, but Dee Ford stupidly lined up offsides.

Even this playoff season.  Twice, the Saints had the momentum on their side, then BOOM, a turnover and Bucs are right back in the game.  I watched his defenses come up with countless turnovers and stops at the most crucial times. 

Brady is now 7-4 in playoff games in which has thrown at least two interceptions.  3-1 in those which he thrown at least three.

The Bucs have advanced to the Super Bowl mainly on the strength of their defense.  FIVE touchdowns off turnovers?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2021, 10:12:20 pm »

I disagree.  He's an incompetent moron, as this season proved. 

It's possible to win a championship with an incompetent coach if your team is stacked, as Barry Switzer proved in 1995.

i wonder, has ANY coach EVER benched their best defensive player for the Super Bowl, let alone not put him in the game at all even if your defense is being shredded?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2021, 01:04:09 am »

So on one hand, Brady is a lucky player who wins because he gets undeserved breaks:

Rooting for Brady is like rooting for somebody who always hits scratch and win to hit another one.

It may be hard for me as a Marino fan, given the shit people talk about Marino, yet watching Brady win game after game and get break after break from his teammates and his opponents

And Bill Belichick is a moron who wins championships in spite of his idiocy:

But on the other hand, the only thing stopping Brady from winning every playoff game is bad officiating:

The only way the Bucs will be stopped is by the refs.  That's the only way Brady has been stopped in the payoffs since 2012.

And moron Bill Belichick, who somehow has more SB rings than any other head coach, has actually been unfairly oppressed by the zebras for the last 20 years:

The Patriots actually got most calls to go AGAINST them, during the Brady years.

Please make up your mind.  Were the Belichick-Brady Patriots a bunch of idiot losers who somehow lucked into having every game handed to them, or were they the greatest winners of all-time who amazingly overcame constant referee screwjobs?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2021, 02:53:28 am »

So on one hand, Brady is a lucky player who wins because he gets undeserved breaks:

And Bill Belichick is a moron who wins championships in spite of his idiocy:

But on the other hand, the only thing stopping Brady from winning every playoff game is bad officiating:

And moron Bill Belichick, who somehow has more SB rings than any other head coach, has actually been unfairly oppressed by the zebras for the last 20 years:

Please make up your mind.  Were the Belichick-Brady Patriots a bunch of idiot losers who somehow lucked into having every game handed to them, or were they the greatest winners of all-time who amazingly overcame constant referee screwjobs?

My statements do not contradict each other.  It possible to win even though your quarterback has a subpar game.  It is also possible to lose because of bad officiating.  It is also possible to lose due to bad officiating.  The Patriots did both during the Brady/Belichick years.

It is possible to lose games because of bad coaching.  It is also possible to win games in spite of bad coaching.  The Patriots did both during the Brady/Belichick years.

Example:  The 2006 Season.

In the Divisional round, Brady played bad and threw three interceptions.  The Patriots still won 24-21.  Why?  Because, as you yourself so eloquently put once, their opponent just wanted the loss more.  Stupid turnovers and stupid penalties gave the Patriots the win.

The Next week, the Patriots faced the Colts, where the refs robbed them blind.  (And if you want to watch the game, it's on youtube, and you'll see that the calls in question have no justification whatsoever.  There is possible way you can justify ANY of them).  They couldn't overcome the calls and lost 38-34
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 02:58:16 am by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2021, 02:59:44 am »

Spider, am I wrong to say Brady HASN'T gotten a lot of help from his teammates over the years?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2021, 03:02:25 am »

So in Summary:

1) Brady has a lot of Super Bowl rings, but I don't think it's fair to compare him to other quarterbacks because he has gotten more support from his team, and in some cases, the idiocy of his opponents then the other quarterbacks have.

2) Brady would have a lot MORE super bowl rings if not for bad officiating.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2021, 07:36:23 am »

Armando and Joe Rose were joking  about how Brady came out this year and settled whether it was BB or TB ... LOL. I just can't help but see this thing growing legs which is made much easier because BB is so unlikeable.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2021, 08:36:33 am »

"Your boos mean nothing...I've seen what makes you cheer!"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray