Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:35:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Stafford Likely to be Traded Before Superbowl
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Stafford Likely to be Traded Before Superbowl  (Read 1981 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: January 30, 2021, 04:56:46 pm »

Even the Head Coach said things are going this way. Whoever loses out on Stafford will move towards the Watson and Draft market for a new QB.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 09:46:02 pm »

IMO Stafford is the best QB available.  If the Dolphins really wanted to give up on Tua then I'd love to see Stafford come to Miami, over Watson or any other likely player.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 09:54:46 pm »

Matthew Stafford has been traded to the Rams for two future first round picks, a third round pick, and Jared Goff.

I think the Lions fleeced the Rams here and the Rams are now in a precarious position.  They will be going seven years without a first rounder thanks to this trade and the trade for Jalen Ramsey.  If they don't get it done in the next two years, it won't get done for a long long time.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 06:49:30 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 07:41:44 am »

Taking back Jared Goff diminishes the return but they can cut him after the 2021 season and owe him nothing.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 10:41:15 am »

Matthew Stafford has been traded to the Rams for two future first round picks, a third round pick, and Jared Goff.
And people think we can get Watson on the cheap because he has a no trade clause. hahaha The only way we can get him is by mortgaging our future. It isn't worth it as we are in a great position already.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 12:46:10 pm »

And people think we can get Watson on the cheap because he has a no trade clause. hahaha The only way we can get him is by mortgaging our future. It isn't worth it as we are in a great position already.

I posted something in the Watson thread about league sources saying 3 first rounders would do it. Take that with a grain of salt.

We have to realize too that taking on Goff was a negative for the team so the Lions only got those picks BECAUSE they took on a bad player with an expensive 1 year contract.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2021, 12:01:52 pm »

Some of that draft capital wasn’t for Stafford but for Oswellerian trade of Goff. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 12:03:28 pm »

Some of that draft capital wasn’t for Stafford but for Oswellerian trade of Goff. 

Exactly. In all honesty, they didn't get a good haul for Stafford. They might have traded him too early before the Watson and Draft market were settling in.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 08:42:12 am »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I saw this on the tv at the gym while I was working out so I might have missed something.  But I believe that the Rams have not had a 1st Round Pick since 2016 (Goff).  So with them just trading their 2022 and 2023 1st round picks in the Stafford trade, they will go from 2016 until 2024 without a first round pick (unless some other trade occurs).  That is pretty wild.  I guess they don't put a lot of stock in 1st round picks.  And since they used their last one on Goff, I guess I can see why.  lol
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 09:51:27 am »

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I saw this on the tv at the gym while I was working out so I might have missed something.  But I believe that the Rams have not had a 1st Round Pick since 2016 (Goff).  So with them just trading their 2022 and 2023 1st round picks in the Stafford trade, they will go from 2016 until 2024 without a first round pick (unless some other trade occurs).  That is pretty wild.  I guess they don't put a lot of stock in 1st round picks.  And since they used their last one on Goff, I guess I can see why.  lol

Yes, that's correct. They have definitely had success though due to great coaching and talent already on the roster but the cap space has been a bit of an issue and draft picks are the cheapest way to acquire new talent. So, they will be big contenders this year and maybe next but they will also be losing players due to free agency.

Miami's plan is to build through the draft and middle of the pack free agents, which in theory leads to longer lasting success but can't fault the Rams since they made the Superbowl recently and could do it again in 2021.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 09:58:50 pm »

I'm interested to see what happens with the Rams, given that they will go 8 years without a first-round pick.  They already have 3 playoff appearances, 3 playoff wins, 2 division titles, a #1 seed, and a conference championship during this run.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2021, 10:45:28 pm »

I'm interested to see what happens with the Rams, given that they will go 8 years without a first-round pick.  They already have 3 playoff appearances, 3 playoff wins, 2 division titles, a #1 seed, and a conference championship during this run.

They've even been shitty cap management too. They truly defy the odds with their sustained success.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2021, 02:21:51 pm »

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Panthers offered Detroit Teddy Bridgewater, the No. 8 pick, and a fifth-round pick for QB Matthew Stafford.

Wow, why didn't the Lions take that? They think two picks in the mid to high 20s is better than the #8 pick? I can only imagine they think they have something in Goff because otherwise this was a huge mistake.

Also, why the hell are the Panthers even trying to make this trade? They went 5-11, they aren't going to contend within the next 2 years. They need that pick to take a QB or use it to trade up for a better pick.......like #3.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 12:43:51 pm »

They've even been shitty cap management too. They truly defy the odds with their sustained success.

Three words:  Aaron Fucking Donald

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2021, 04:00:18 pm »

Three words:  Aaron Fucking Donald

DPOY even though TJ Watt was more deserving
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray