Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:26:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  This is why we need less cops and more social workers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: This is why we need less cops and more social workers  (Read 5154 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2021, 05:30:47 pm »

I think that's great. I question some of the calls from other stories I've read but obviously this is helpful to both public and police. 3% of the calls isn't like they are pushing police out.

Defund the police isn’t abolish the police.  It is reduce the funding for the police and shift that money to resources that would be more effective. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2021, 05:40:39 pm »

Defund the police isn’t abolish the police.  It is reduce the funding for the police and shift that money to resources that would be more effective. 
We've been through this numerous times. It depends on who is saying it. Many of your political leader think otherwise and now places like Minneapolis are paying the price.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2021, 06:21:17 pm »

We've been through this numerous times. It depends on who is saying it. Many of your political leader think otherwise and now places like Minneapolis are paying the price.

The people advocating for defunding the police are advocating for what Denver is doing.  It is only those trying to discredit the movement who are twisting it.  Just like those kneeling were clear that they weren’t protesting the military just the police.  Quit the bullshit of pretending the messaging isn’t clear.

And Minneapolis didn’t defund the police, the police refused to do their job to protest the public criticism of their brutality.  Minneapolis is an example of a department too corrupt to defund (ala Denver program)  but one that needs a full on Camden NJ fire everyone and then rebuild from square one.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:58:57 pm by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray