Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:19:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Name CO-Offensive Coordinators
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Name CO-Offensive Coordinators  (Read 1053 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 02, 2021, 11:58:19 am »

The Dolphins are promoting Eric Studesville and George Godsey to co-offensive coordinators, a source told ESPN.

It isn’t set yet who will call plays, but it will be a collaboration between the two to run the Dolphins offense. - Cameron Wolfe

Like with Chain Gailey last year, was this the best that we could do? We're a good team with a bright future, no one of worth wanted the job? I think Flores is getting too cute with this.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 01:37:00 pm »

I have to admit the first thing that came to my mind is why do the Dolphins have to be in the news for the wrong stuff? Seems to me someone needs to be in charge or else no one is. That's not a good thing. I feel it makes us look incompetent.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 01:49:31 pm »

Good. Maybe they'll bring back the wildcat too.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 02:05:46 pm »

I'm cool with it.  If you have two guys in the mix, they're less likely to settle on rb draw, checkdown, rb draw, punt.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 02:37:14 pm »

Makes no sense.  One guy needs to be in charge.  You can have an assistant OC, but one person has to have the final say.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 03:01:43 pm »

Good. Maybe they'll bring back the wildcat too.

The Wildcat was effective, it stopped being so when every single play was a RB draw while the QB was lined up at wideout.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2021, 06:31:47 pm »

The Wildcat was effective, it stopped being so when every single play was a RB draw while the QB was lined up at wideout.

Especially when all the QB did was stand there at the line of scrimmage after the ball was snapped. Stupid.  At least they could have thrown a real wide receiver, or blocking back out there.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2021, 06:35:34 pm »

The Dolphins are promoting Eric Studesville and George Godsey to co-offensive coordinators, a source told ESPN.

It isn’t set yet who will call plays, but it will be a collaboration between the two to run the Dolphins offense. - Cameron Wolfe

Like with Chain Gailey last year, was this the best that we could do? We're a good team with a bright future, no one of worth wanted the job? I think Flores is getting too cute with this.

This really irks me.  Are they really going to go down the path of changing OC's every year and screw up Tua's development like they did to Tannehill???  Fuck it let's trade all the good players away and re-sign Matt Moore as our QB.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2021, 06:59:15 pm »

This really irks me.  Are they really going to go down the path of changing OC's every year and screw up Tua's development like they did to Tannehill???  Fuck it let's trade all the good players away and re-sign Matt Moore as our QB.

It's a legitimate concern. Whatever you think of Tua's performance this year, you can't disagree that Flores had his eye on the playoffs and Gailey called two different plans for whether he or Fitz was in.

The team brought in Charlie Frye who worked with Tua before and he already knows these guys so hopefully it works out.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2021, 07:27:45 pm »

i see 2 OCs as the solution to OC churn .. let them both split duties and then when one leaves to go be the new jets head coach, the other can stay and maintain consistency
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2021, 08:55:38 pm »

i see 2 OCs as the solution to OC churn .. let them both split duties and then when one leaves to go be the new jets head coach, the other can stay and maintain consistency

"You called a QB sneak on 3rd and 17? You are just the kind of man that the Jets are looking for!"
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2021, 09:10:32 pm »

I wonder how much of this move has to do with cost-cutting in the Covid-19 era?

With the AFL (the Australian professional football equivalent) in 2020 coaching lists were slashed to cut costs for the teams to survive without asking for a handout from the league or the Government. It was pretty brutal and a lot of good coaches found themselves unemployed, and quite a few teams found themselves lacking coaching talent.

This has not been particularly noticeable in the NFL (or maybe I have not been paying enough attention from half a world away and missed it). At some stage you would think it has to happen if they continue to play in half empty stadiums (or even less).
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2021, 10:44:16 pm »

I wonder how much of this move has to do with cost-cutting in the Covid-19 era?

With the AFL (the Australian professional football equivalent) in 2020 coaching lists were slashed to cut costs for the teams to survive without asking for a handout from the league or the Government. It was pretty brutal and a lot of good coaches found themselves unemployed, and quite a few teams found themselves lacking coaching talent.

This has not been particularly noticeable in the NFL (or maybe I have not been paying enough attention from half a world away and missed it). At some stage you would think it has to happen if they continue to play in half empty stadiums (or even less).

I am not sure how paying two people instead of one translates into savings money.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2021, 03:04:41 am »

I am not sure how paying two people instead of one translates into savings money.   

As in promoting from inside two lower paid assistants as opposed to a league wide search and a potentially very expensive signing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray