Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:06:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Bringing a quarterback in mid-game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Bringing a quarterback in mid-game  (Read 1490 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2021, 04:31:33 pm »

Our situation this year was very unique because we benched the better QB for the worse one because we were focused on the future. However, we didn't stop winning so we tried to balance the future and winning now and it ended up being a bit of a mess.
I agree with you about everything except the mess. Only Tua, Flores and people in the know if it caused any issues and they have all sad it didn't. Until I see Tua this year I am going to reserve my criticism...that is assuming they get him some weapons. I was complaining about the O-line and running game for years when Tanny was here and they didn't fix it so I'm not going to assume they will fix the obvious now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2021, 05:11:13 pm »

I agree with you about everything except the mess. Only Tua, Flores and people in the know if it caused any issues and they have all sad it didn't. Until I see Tua this year I am going to reserve my criticism...that is assuming they get him some weapons. I was complaining about the O-line and running game for years when Tanny was here and they didn't fix it so I'm not going to assume they will fix the obvious now.

Well they did attempt to fix the O-line in the past, the problem was several of the players drafted just didn't pan out.  I believe the players drafted more recently may work out, they showed improvement as the year went on last year.  You have to give them time to adjust, especially with no preseason.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2021, 07:32:42 pm »

Well they did attempt to fix the O-line in the past, the problem was several of the players drafted just didn't pan out.  I believe the players drafted more recently may work out, they showed improvement as the year went on last year.  You have to give them time to adjust, especially with no preseason.

The last quarter of the season, Hunt was doing very well at RT.  3 rookies at once is bound to be a rough ride but they protected the QBs pretty well until the last few games. Coincidentally or not, we opened up no running lanes all year until the last few games when our QB coverage suffered.

Whether we draft another O-Linemen or not, I would expect the line to continue to improve.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray