Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:55:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Free Agency Plans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Free Agency Plans  (Read 1202 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 08, 2021, 04:58:54 pm »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/nfl-free-agency-2021-ranking-the-top-50-free-agents-best-players-by-position/ar-BB1drk8P

There are the 50 most notable free agents. What should our plans be? Address WR via free agency so we can draft Sewell/trade down for more picks or fill other areas of need and use our top pick on a WR? They do cost money but it looks like a lot of good available options at WR for free agency.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 05:04:41 pm »

There will be more too.  Players will get cut because of cap space.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 10:23:37 am »

There will be more too.  Players will get cut because of cap space.

I am hoping one of those people is JJ Watt. He is my #1 free agent target because he wants to play for a winner, still can go at a decent level and will be a great teammate to our young team. I imagine he can be had on a 1-2 year deal for not ridiculous money.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 11:34:38 am »

2. Chris Godwin, WR, Buccaneers (age: 24)
3. Allen Robinson, WR, Bears (age: 27)
4. Shaquil Barrett, EDGE, Buccaneers (age: 28)
5. Justin Simmons, S, Broncos (age: 27)
14. Lavonte David, LB, Buccaneers (age: 31)
15. Richard Sherman, CB, 49ers (age: 32)--transition to safety
17. Brandon Scherff, G, Washington (age: 29)

I'll take any/all of these guys
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 12:03:18 pm »

2. Chris Godwin, WR, Buccaneers (age: 24)
3. Allen Robinson, WR, Bears (age: 27)
4. Shaquil Barrett, EDGE, Buccaneers (age: 28)
5. Justin Simmons, S, Broncos (age: 27)
14. Lavonte David, LB, Buccaneers (age: 31)
15. Richard Sherman, CB, 49ers (age: 32)--transition to safety
17. Brandon Scherff, G, Washington (age: 29)

I'll take any/all of these guys

You can remove all of the Bucs guys from the list, they will stay due to Brady. Getting a safety is a good idea since we ignored that in last year's draft to get Noah and it backfired so far on us.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 11:01:25 pm »

Interestingly looking at the bottom part of the article where it listed free agents by position, the only Dolphins listed were Fitzpatrick & Haack.  I guess there is no worry about losing players in free agency this year, or paying any big contracts.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 08:43:58 am »

Interestingly looking at the bottom part of the article where it listed free agents by position, the only Dolphins listed were Fitzpatrick & Haack.  I guess there is no worry about losing players in free agency this year, or paying any big contracts.

Yeah, we are pretty solid this year with not losing key free agents. I think next offseason is different but right now no one of note besides the punter.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 11:32:16 am »

JuJu Smith-Schuster would be a great receiver to pick-up, the downside is the drama that comes with him.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 11:41:13 am »

JuJu Smith-Schuster would be a great receiver to pick-up, the downside is the drama that comes with him.

He would, but the drama and attitude is concerning. We seem to have a very good atmosphere in Miami from coaches to players, we don't need some kid who isn't putting up #1 WR numbers making #1 WR money starting shit with teammates. Getting a solid slot receiver and drafting one of the Top 3 WR in the draft is probably a better use of resources.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2021, 02:06:08 pm »

JJ Watt is allegedly getting offers from teams in the $15-16 Million a year range so he is definitely out of our plans for this season.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2021, 02:31:11 pm »

In my opinion, two of the Dolphins' greatest needs are the two deepest positions in this year's draft.  WR and Edge Rusher (DE).   Given the cap issues, I don't think I would sign any veteran free agents at either of those positions.   They can get a high quality instant starter at WR and DE in the first 3 rounds of the draft and still address both those positions again for quality depth around Round 5.  I think both those positions are that deep this year. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray