Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:47:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Fitzpatrick to the Patriots????
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fitzpatrick to the Patriots????  (Read 1061 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: February 12, 2021, 10:44:00 am »

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe brought this up on the Joe Rose show. I hadn't thought about that prior to him saying that but I could see that happening. Fitz would be the first to play for every team in a division and you know he wants to start.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 11:06:23 am »

It would be a good fit because he will start and he can help develop whoever the Patriots wants to draft at QB. The kid would basically redshirt the entire year. Only downside is he definitely will not be going to the playoffs next year so a good team like the Colts with a QB opening might make more sense.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 12:16:52 pm »

Fitzpatrick can still play well, but you would think he'd want to go to a contender at this stage of his career. 

Sad he wasn't available for week 17 this year.  He truly was Fitzmagic for the Dolphins.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 12:27:17 pm »

Fitzpatrick can still play well, but you would think he'd want to go to a contender at this stage of his career. 

Sad he wasn't available for week 17 this year.  He truly was Fitzmagic for the Dolphins.

There is not a lot of options for contenders who need QBs right now. I can think of the Colts and......the Saints? Even then, they are in cap hell and it wouldn't be shocking if they rebuild or just win 6 games next year. He wants to go to a winner but not as a backup. If he was okay with that, he would still be a Dolphin. He wants to start more than anything so he will go to any team that lets him start.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 12:40:56 pm »

Everybody remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_WuVnS-Ess

I felt better at the end of that football season than I did at the end of this one.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 12:46:39 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 01:07:10 pm »

There is not a lot of options for contenders who need QBs right now. I can think of the Colts and......the Saints? Even then, they are in cap hell and it wouldn't be shocking if they rebuild or just win 6 games next year. He wants to go to a winner but not as a backup. If he was okay with that, he would still be a Dolphin. He wants to start more than anything so he will go to any team that lets him start.

BB won’t promise him the starting role.  But Fitz knows if he is the best QB on the roster BB will play him rather than play games of putting in and taking out the shinny new toy he drafted.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 03:41:48 pm »

What's the chances that BB brings back Jimmy G?  I could see BB, and his ego, wanting to prove they should have kept him to replace Tom.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 04:02:47 pm »

What's the chances that BB brings back Jimmy G?  I could see BB, and his ego, wanting to prove they should have kept him to replace Tom.

He is under contract with SF.  So that would depend ion him being cut or traded.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 04:37:55 pm »

He is under contract with SF.  So that would depend ion him being cut or traded.

Which is pretty likely since the Niners are cap strapped and they can cut him and save a boatload. He has a no trade so he would have to approve his destination but considering his salary and injury history, how much could they even get for him? This is a crazy offseason for QB movement so the supply appears to exceed the demand.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 07:07:51 pm »

Correct.

I just bring it up because there is talk of SF moving on from JG, but that could all just be talk like most reporting this time of year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 07:27:07 pm »

Correct.

I just bring it up because there is talk of SF moving on from JG, but that could all just be talk like most reporting this time of year.

It's a legitimate possibility because of their cap situation and his injury history/play. Right now, they would have an open competition involving Josh Rosen if Jimmy G was cut and not replaced so they might hang onto him and hope for a bounce back just for that reason. While I feel Rosen was screwed over with his development, even I would admit that going into a season with him as your starter is not what a team intent on winning should do.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2021, 12:03:18 pm »

I just bring it up because there is talk of SF moving on from JG

Jimmy G isn't going anywhere... None of that talk is coming from anyone in the 49ers front office.

...but that could all just be talk like most reporting this time of year.

Exactamundo!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray