Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:25:11 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Ex-NFL WR Vincent Jackson found dead in Florida at age 38
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Ex-NFL WR Vincent Jackson found dead in Florida at age 38  (Read 903 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: February 15, 2021, 05:53:17 pm »

I really hope this doesn't have anything to do with the Bucs and depression. Always sad to hear about former players dying young to me.

The Hillsborough County (Florida) Sheriff's Office said Monday it is investigating the death of former NFL wide receiver Vincent Jackson.

The 38-year-old Jackson was found dead at approximately 11:30 a.m. on Monday at the Homewood Suites in Brandon, Florida. Police said there were no apparent signs of trauma and the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office will determine the cause of death.

According to hotel staff, Jackson, who is a South Tampa resident, checked into the hotel on Jan. 11 and had been staying in a room since that date.

Jackson's family reported him missing on Wednesday and a formal report was filed Thursday, but police located Jackson at the Homewood Suites on Friday. The missing persons case was canceled after Jackson's well-being was confirmed.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2021, 09:01:29 am »

I wonder what he was doing staying in a hotel for a month?  Was he one of those athletes that was broke within five years of retirement?  Was he depressed?  So many questions here.  

My heart goes out to his family.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 09:07:37 am »

I wonder what he was doing staying in a hotel for a month?  Was he one of those athletes that was broke within five years of retirement?  Was he depressed?  So many questions here.  

My heart goes out to his family.

I wonder what he was doing in a BUDGET hotel for a month.  If and when the details come out, I'm sure it will be a sad story.  Honestly, I don't know a lot about him other than his football performance, but from what I have read, he did a ton of good things for the community, for veterans, etc. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 09:10:18 am »

I wonder what he was doing in a BUDGET hotel for a month.  If and when the details come out, I'm sure it will be a sad story.  Honestly, I don't know a lot about him other than his football performance, but from what I have read, he did a ton of good things for the community, for veterans, etc. 

Homewood Suites by Hilton is not a budget hotel.  Far from it.  It's more like one of those long term stay hotels but it's easily a 3 star. 

Back to the topic.   It's coming out that he suffered from clinical depression and alcoholism and this may be an alcohol/drug induced suicide.  Very sad indeed.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 09:13:18 am »

Homewood Suites by Hilton is not a budget hotel.  Far from it.  It's more like one of those long term stay hotels but it's easily a 3 star. 

Back to the topic.   It's coming out that he suffered from clinical depression and alcoholism and this may be an alcohol/drug induced suicide.  Very sad indeed.

Did he have a history of concussions? Because that kind of trauma is linked to depression and substance abuse.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2021, 10:10:31 am »

Did he have a history of concussions? Because that kind of trauma is linked to depression and substance abuse.

Concussions not too sure about.  Head shots, there were plenty of them.   Keep in mind that concussions are not the problem.  You can have 50 of them and not develop CTE as long as you ensure that you are fully recovered from each one before going back to playing.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray