Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:46:31 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  One of the Worst Articles I Have Ever Read
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: One of the Worst Articles I Have Ever Read  (Read 1639 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 07:19:29 pm »

It is however what you SHOULD do .. you should never talk to police unless you have no other choice, and even then you should let your lawyer talk to the police. It is your right to say nothing and not enough people take it.

If you don't believe me, here's a law professor telling students they should never talk to the police, or that their clients should never talk to the police, and that's followed by a police officer telling them the same thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-7o9xYp7eE

Oh, trust me, I know 100% not to talk to the cops without an attorney. I'm just saying that as a public figure that Xavier is, if he had absolutely nothing to do with anything, get your high priced lawyer to setup a small meeting and get it cleared so that the media can move on. With you and I, tell them to fuck off without a warrant, but ESPN isn't exactly interested in us being interviewed.

Why even bother with a lawyer?  If you're innocent and can prove it, what's the harm in giving the cops that information?  They can then rule you out and they won't bother you again. 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 07:35:23 pm »

Why even bother with a lawyer?  If you're innocent and can prove it, what's the harm in giving the cops that information?  They can then rule you out and they won't bother you again. 

watch the video i linked .. it answers this exact question
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 08:01:35 pm »

Because you are at the mercy of the cop's word and can go to prison for a "false statement" if he misremembers something or is just corrupt. Always have a lawyer when talking to the cops for anything other than asking directions.

I was just saying that if I were in Xavier's shoes and 100% innocent, I would get my lawyer and get it over with so it isn't a distraction.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray