Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:41:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Trading out of the #3 spot
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Trading out of the #3 spot  (Read 2014 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2021, 01:25:59 pm »

Please no RB in the 1st round.

Especially this year.  The top 2 RBs coming out this year are Eitienne of Clemson who has trouble holding onto the ball and Harris of Alabama who has size, speed, good hands, can block, etc. but is considered to be a lesser talent than a lot of the Bama RBs of the last few years.  And there really isn't a huge dropoff from them to some of the other RBs coming out this year.  I like Kenny Gainwell from Memphis who should be available in the 2nd or 3rd round or even the big bruiser Stevenson from Oklahoma.  Larry Rountree looked good at the Senior Bowl workouts and he might even be available in the 4th round.   
Seafort

Email
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 10:45:46 pm »

Especially this year.  The top 2 RBs coming out this year are Eitienne of Clemson who has trouble holding onto the ball and Harris of Alabama who has size, speed, good hands, can block, etc. but is considered to be a lesser talent than a lot of the Bama RBs of the last few years.  And there really isn't a huge dropoff from them to some of the other RBs coming out this year.  I like Kenny Gainwell from Memphis who should be available in the 2nd or 3rd round or even the big bruiser Stevenson from Oklahoma.  Larry Rountree looked good at the Senior Bowl workouts and he might even be available in the 4th round.   

I wouldn't mind drafting BOTH of them in the second round, after drafting wide receivers with our first two picks in the first.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2021, 09:43:48 am »

I wouldn't mind drafting BOTH of them in the second round, after drafting wide receivers with our first two picks in the first.

Both first rounders on WRs and both seconds rounders on RBs? So, you think Miami should continue to ignore their O-line?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2021, 09:49:47 am »

Both first rounders on WRs and both seconds rounders on RBs? So, you think Miami should continue to ignore their O-line?

I don't agree with this drafting strategy but we haven't ignored the O-Line, we just put a bunch of rookies on it and are waiting for them to improve. I'm still not against drafting Sewell and pushing Hunt inside to really shore things up but the unit has improved from the historic lows of 2019.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2021, 03:03:58 pm »

Miami has to ignore the O-line, how else can some people continue to complain about the O-line??  lol  Roll Eyes
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2021, 03:05:11 pm »

Miami could probably still get the best RB of the draft with their 3rd pick of the "1st round", the 35th overall pick.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray