Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:52:17 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tua Putting on Lots of Muscle
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tua Putting on Lots of Muscle  (Read 827 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 21, 2021, 09:45:38 am »

https://www.thephinsider.com/2021/2/20/22292994/miami-dolphins-quarterback-tua-tagovailoa-is-looking-swole

He seemed to be skinnier last year than he did in college, almost 100% sure that was because of his injury and not having a true offseason. He looks healthy now and hopefully ready to take a big leap in Year 2. It's only February too, 7 more months of training until the season starts.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2021, 08:51:43 am »

4.  ...bulk up in an NFL strength and conditioning program.  Russell Wilson went from 205lbs to 230lbs, I'd like to see Tua do the same, he's 215lbs right now.  If he's bigger, he'll be able to take hits better

He's getting swole like I thought he would, time to quiet all the haters!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 04:59:09 pm »

Tua has really only had one piece of adversity in his sport's life (Trent Dilfer's heavy criticisms of him as a Freshman in high school) and he responded in a big way.  I'm betting last season is a huge motivator for next year as well and if we get him some weapons he will play better than the guy who beat Justin Herbert, came from behind against Kyler Murray, and only lost by 5 to Patrick Mahomes when he had ok receivers. Again ... the poor guy is basically being criticized for how he played against Denver and one of the best teams in the league when all he had was basically practice squad players at his skill positions.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 05:01:01 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2021, 05:11:32 pm »

Tua has really only had one piece of adversity in his sport's life (Trent Dilfer's heavy criticisms of him as a Freshman in high school) and he responded in a big way.  I'm betting last season is a huge motivator for next year as well and if we get him some weapons he will play better than the guy who beat Justin Herbert, came from behind against Kyler Murray, and only lost by 5 to Patrick Mahomes when he had ok receivers. Again ... the poor guy is basically being criticized for how he played against Denver and one of the best teams in the league when all he had was basically practice squad players at his skill positions.

Well said. I just don't know if we will be better with Watson on basically the exact same team plus a few 3rd and 4th rounders or Tua plus our current cap space and picks.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 05:26:55 pm »

Well said. I just don't know if we will be better with Watson on basically the exact same team plus a few 3rd and 4th rounders or Tua plus our current cap space and picks.
Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes have a bunch of skill players. Watson won't have any if we get him and I'm pretty sure he can only carry a no talent team so far.

I can't help but think we should stay the course with Tua and give him some weapons like the elite QBs have before we change our plan.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2021, 02:14:46 pm »

Certainly is a big positive that he is taking his career seriously and working in the off season to improve.  I think many new NFL players fail because they believe their innate talent that has carried them through H.S. and college will work in the NFL, which it usually won't.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2021, 02:42:36 pm »

Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes have a bunch of skill players. Watson won't have any if we get him and I'm pretty sure he can only carry a no talent team so far.

I can't help but think we should stay the course with Tua and give him some weapons like the elite QBs have before we change our plan.

He will have Parker and.......yeah, that's it aside from a few surprises we draft or pick up dirt cheap in free agency.

I am firmly for staying the course with Tua, just too many legitimate reasons to explain away his 2020 struggles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray