Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:56:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Byron Jones Rated Worst Corner of 2020 per Football Outsiders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Byron Jones Rated Worst Corner of 2020 per Football Outsiders  (Read 805 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: February 25, 2021, 11:33:01 am »

Jones allowed 10.6 yards per target and 17.6 yards per completion, both worst among starting cornerbacks in 2020. His two interceptions are misleading; he set a career low with just three pass breakups and 42 tackles and tied his career high with 10 broken and missed tackles. - FO

Is this true? You guys probably saw more games than I did, was he really this terrible or is there a piece of the puzzle we are missing? If this is true, 2021 is a make or break year for Byron as he can be realistically cut without much damage after the season. That Noah kid we drafted is a project but is an incredible athlete, he can certainly get more reps this year to make his case.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 12:21:40 pm »

Jones wasn't awesome but he wasn't bad either.   I always take stats with a grain of salt.  Or as Mark Twain once said, "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics."
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 02:47:34 pm »

Yeah but how many times was he targeted?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 03:15:23 pm »

Yeah but how many times was he targeted?

I don't know but probably a good amount since Xavier was on the other side.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 09:13:05 am »

Jones allowed 10.6 yards per target and 17.6 yards per completion, both worst among starting cornerbacks in 2020. His two interceptions are misleading; he set a career low with just three pass breakups and 42 tackles and tied his career high with 10 broken and missed tackles. - FO

Is this true? You guys probably saw more games than I did, was he really this terrible or is there a piece of the puzzle we are missing? If this is true, 2021 is a make or break year for Byron as he can be realistically cut without much damage after the season. That Noah kid we drafted is a project but is an incredible athlete, he can certainly get more reps this year to make his case.
People give Football Outsiders WAY too much credit. They are a bunch of pencil pushers. They know shit when it comes to actually breaking down players. They merely look at all the stats and come up with shit. Sometimes stats can be deceiving and in this case they are. No Byron didn't have a great year, but the worst CB in football? Please. That's complete horseshit.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 09:56:56 am »

People give Football Outsiders WAY too much credit. They are a bunch of pencil pushers. They know shit when it comes to actually breaking down players. They merely look at all the stats and come up with shit. Sometimes stats can be deceiving and in this case they are. No Byron didn't have a great year, but the worst CB in football? Please. That's complete horseshit.

I figured that, how could we have been a Top 5 defensive unit with the worst CB in the league on our roster?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 10:42:43 am »

I have a really hard time buying into that. Although he didn't have the INTs that X did Jones was fine this season. He's one of the least of our worries.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 10:48:19 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray