Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:51:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Taysom Hill gets a 4 Year/$140 Million Extension.....Kinda
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Taysom Hill gets a 4 Year/$140 Million Extension.....Kinda  (Read 1054 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 14, 2021, 08:36:35 pm »

It's a joke, every year is voidable and it's just to clear some 2021 cap space. I'm shocked the league is allowing such nonsense. Lots of teams use some shenanigans to get under the cap but this is so blatant. The NHL had some issues a few years back with this and make a rule on the spot to stop it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 02:36:59 pm »

And now the Saints have re-signed Winston to a 1 year $12M deal (with only $5.5M guaranteed).  I don't think the Saints have much confidence in either of these guys.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 02:51:10 pm »

And now the Saints have re-signed Winston to a 1 year $12M deal (with only $5.5M guaranteed).  I don't think the Saints have much confidence in either of these guys.

Would you? It will be a legit competition. Winston definitely has talent but he lacks with his decision making, hence the INTs. He just understudied for Drew Brees and this will be his 2nd year in a Sean Payton offense. If he doesn't easily win the QB job and do well, he never will.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 03:22:53 pm »

Would you? It will be a legit competition. Winston definitely has talent but he lacks with his decision making, hence the INTs. He just understudied for Drew Brees and this will be his 2nd year in a Sean Payton offense. If he doesn't easily win the QB job and do well, he never will.

IMO Winston had many chances in TB. He's a mediocre QB that will never lead a team to playoff wins, much less a Super Bowl.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 03:11:17 pm »

Doesn’t really bother me.  And some point the teams are going to take the cap hit, and all teams can do it and do some variation of it so it is fair to all teams

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray