Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:38:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Lions Do Not Franchise Tag Kenny Golladay
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Lions Do Not Franchise Tag Kenny Golladay  (Read 2976 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 08:58:57 am »

Mock Trade that isn't too unrealistic:

Trade back to 4 with the Falcons and pick up a 2nd and 3rd. They will pay since other teams want to draft a QB too and that inflates the price. Draft Sewell at 4, then grab the 6th pick from Philly in exchange for our #18 and the 2nd and 3rd we just got. Might have to throw in another 3rd rounder or so. Use that pick to draft whichever WR the Bengals didn't draft.

I will email Chris Grier immediately.

This is very similar to the strategy I use in my mocks occasionally, though my second trade is usually up to Denver at #9 or Dallas at 10., depending on whether there are 1 or 2 of the top receiving targets (Chase, Smith, Pitts, Waddle) still available at that point.

Yes, email Grier immediately, let him know the fans have reached a quorum on round one. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 09:22:48 am »

I use Philly at 6 because they will draft a WR to help out Hurts, I don't think Waddle is worth trading a lot for. I will gladly take him but not at the cost of several draft picks.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 10:56:01 am »

^^^ Yeah, Waddle is definitely the #4 receiver in that first group, and a healthy bit removed from the first three.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 11:26:55 am »

^^^ Yeah, Waddle is definitely the #4 receiver in that first group, and a healthy bit removed from the first three.

I see everyone putting him at 3 unless you add in Kyle Pitts.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2021, 12:31:55 pm »

I see everyone putting him at 3 unless you add in Kyle Pitts.

I do put Pitts in there. My receiver's list would be:

1) Ja'Marr Chase
2) Kyle Pitts
3) Devonta Smith
4) Jaylen Waddle
4a) Rondale Moore

~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2021, 06:46:18 pm »

I do put Pitts in there. My receiver's list would be:

1) Ja'Marr Chase
2) Kyle Pitts
3) Devonta Smith
4) Jaylen Waddle
4a) Rondale Moore

I like Bateman over Moore

« Last Edit: March 17, 2021, 11:31:18 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 06:52:33 pm »

Kenny is visiting the Giants now and is said there is mutual interest. I think it's likely he signs with them. So, Ju Ju might become a realistic target for us but it looks like no WR is breaking the bank this offseason so maybe a 1 year deal is signed.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2021, 04:17:32 pm »

Kenny met with the Bears and left without a deal and the Giants allegedly have a lot of questions for him about his injury.

Sounds like there is some concerning medicals if he is struggling to find 1 year deals.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2021, 12:30:59 pm »

Reports are Gollday wants $18.5 Million a year. If that is the case, he will be sitting out the 2021 season. The salary cap has been lowered and no other WR has come close to that number, with even Fuller signing a 1 year deal. Sucks for him but it ain't happening, that is #1 WR money anyay in a normal year and he isn't one of those.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray