Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:18:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Russell Wilson Trade is Heating Up
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Russell Wilson Trade is Heating Up  (Read 2916 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2021, 04:32:51 pm »

Not a ton of new news here but the Seahawks are taking phone calls on Wilson. They aren't actively shopping him, but they aren't putting teams to voicemail like the Texans are doing.

Once we get closer to free agency and the draft we might see the trigger get pulled.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2021, 06:25:30 pm »

Saw on NFL Network this morning that the Bears are going to try hard to make a big play for Watson or Wilson.  They've painted themselves into a corner where they have to win now.  Problem is, they don't have very much in the way of draft capital after acquiring Kahlil Mack and letting themselves get fleeced by the Niners for Mitch Trubisky.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2021, 07:12:58 pm »

They don't have the ammo at all and that Niners trade was one of the dumbest I have ever seen. Big congrats to San Fran for keeping a straight face on that one.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2021, 11:37:31 am »

Peter King says the Bears getting Wilson is a fantasy because they have nothing to offer nor the cap space. For Seattle's part, they would incur a $39 Million cap hit for 2021. They also only have 1 selection in the first 125 picks so they can't even draft a replacement.

I know Wilson wants out and they are listening to offers but they have to be blown away, other wise they are essentially forfeiting the 2021 season.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 01:13:06 pm »

Bears offered Seattle 3 first rounds, a 3rd rounder and 2 unnamed starters for Wilson. Problem is, their first round this year is 20th overall and it's fair to assume the next 2 years will be in the mid to high 20s with Wilson. They wouldn't be able to draft his replacement.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 04:13:07 pm »

Bears offered Seattle 3 first rounds, a 3rd rounder and 2 unnamed starters for Wilson. Problem is, their first round this year is 20th overall and it's fair to assume the next 2 years will be in the mid to high 20s with Wilson. They wouldn't be able to draft his replacement.

Yeah, but they could bundle them to move up for one high first round pick to get the replacement, probably be better to wait until next year.  That's a big trade offer for a QB that probably won't be in the league in four years.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 04:39:02 pm »

Yeah, but they could bundle them to move up for one high first round pick to get the replacement, probably be better to wait until next year.  That's a big trade offer for a QB that probably won't be in the league in four years.

Even bundling them wouldn't be enough since the value of picks go down the farther away they are. I woudn't take 3 first rounders for our #3 pick if the last one was in 2023 and probably in the high 20s. Not just that, but if they are willing to sell Wilson for just a high 1st rounder, I'm sure the Panthers or Jets would be all over that. Bears are just beat because they have no draft capital and are too good to draft one of the op 5 ones. Basically purgatory, slightly better than where we were for years.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray