Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:17:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC join in the cover up of Gov Cuomo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC join in the cover up of Gov Cuomo  (Read 7135 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: February 26, 2021, 10:56:10 am »

First it was Hunter Biden and now it is Gov Andrew Cuomo ... lol. Liberal privilege is everything white privilege it supposed to be but pay no attention to the liberal behind the curtain pointing you away.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9297995/ABC-CBS-CNN-MSNBC-avoid-broadcasts-sexual-harassment-claims-against-Gov-Cuomo.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 10:57:33 am »

Hypocrisy, thy name is CF...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 11:30:42 am »

Hypocrisy, thy name is CF...

Please humor me ... what would I be a hypocrite about?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 11:33:54 am »

Cuomo is in some trouble for COVID stuff, too.  He's apparently a dick, in general...has a brash style that makes him hard to work for.

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 12:41:16 pm »

Without getting in the weeds,  I just want to point out Chris Cuomo is banned from covering his brother by the network.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 02:00:34 pm »

Governor, relatively minor allegations, uncorroborated.  Not really national news.   Should local NY stations giving this story air time?  Yes, some but not much.  Should the national media? No.

And before you say. but what about Trump... Trump was president his scandals are national news.  If this level of  allegation was leveled against DeSantos it shouldn’t be national news unless it is extremely slow news day. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 02:08:12 pm »

Without getting in the weeds,  I just want to point out Chris Cuomo is banned from covering his brother by the network.
That was after he wasn't covering him any longer ... lol. He covered him just fine over the last few years since he was first "banned".

From the New York Post .... CNN claimed Wednesday that it has reinstated a “rule” that prevents Chris Cuomo from “interviewing or covering his brother” — after the host completely ignored the nursing home death cover-up scandal engulfing Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

Last year, Chris Cuomo repeatedly interviewed his older brother about the coronavirus pandemic, engaging in often-cringey banter that initially helped boost the ratings for the 9 p.m. “Cuomo Prime Time.”

But the controversy over the Cuomo administration’s admitted cover-up of nursing home death numbers — exclusively revealed by The Post last week — hasn’t been mentioned on Chris’ hour-long show.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2021, 02:09:34 pm »

Governor, relatively minor allegations, uncorroborated.  Not really national news.   Should local NY stations giving this story air time?  Yes, some but not much.  Should the national media? No.

And before you say. but what about Trump... Trump was president his scandals are national news.  If this level of  allegation was leveled against DeSantos it shouldn’t be national news unless it is extremely slow news day.  
That's just silly. I would have said DeSantis and yes the liberal media is dying for him to make a mistake. He would be getting crucified on all channels for both the nursing home scandal as well as the sex allegations. They constantly make up crap on Ronald DeSantis trying to make him look worse than California and New York! haha
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 02:11:26 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 01:38:42 am »

CF, are you saying that it is journalistic malpractice to fail to address mention allegations of scandal?
Because Fox News ran interference for Trump for 5 solid years, not least for COVID over the last year.

If there is any criticism you wish to make of liberals or the left, it probably shouldn't be for anything similar to actions done for or by Trump.  You guys have completely abandoned all pretense at a moral high ground with your undying support of that dirtbag.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2021, 12:00:33 pm »

If it was a Republican, Fox’s only reporting would be to discredit Lindsey Boylan.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2021, 07:26:37 pm »

For the most part, the "news" stopped being reporting many years ago and became biased opinions instead of the news.  I hate that there is "left wing media" and "right wing media".  Unfortunately, most people in the US are so intellectually lazy that they would rather hear "news" that supports their own opinions rather than just straight up reporting on events that allow us to make up our own minds about the stories.   I probably didn't phrase that very clearly but my point is that it is really hard to a source of news that is not biased.  The Wall Street Journal used to be really good but even they seem to have more of an agenda over the last 20 years or so. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 01:24:37 pm »

For the most part, the "news" stopped being reporting many years ago and became biased opinions instead of the news.  I hate that there is "left wing media" and "right wing media".  Unfortunately, most people in the US are so intellectually lazy that they would rather hear "news" that supports their own opinions rather than just straight up reporting on events that allow us to make up our own minds about the stories.   I probably didn't phrase that very clearly but my point is that it is really hard to a source of news that is not biased.  The Wall Street Journal used to be really good but even they seem to have more of an agenda over the last 20 years or so. 
This is so true.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 02:44:22 pm »

Seems to me that news started becoming "biased" at almost exactly the same time that the Fairness Doctrine was repealed and personalities like Rush Limbaugh appeared & started criticizing the "liberal media" non stop.

But I am interested to hear whether conservatives have a different timeline... when do y'all think mainstream news stopped being objective and neutral?

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 04:28:23 pm »

Seems to me that news started becoming "biased" at almost exactly the same time that the Fairness Doctrine was repealed and personalities like Rush Limbaugh appeared & started criticizing the "liberal media" non stop.

But I am interested to hear whether conservatives have a different timeline... when do y'all think mainstream news stopped being objective and neutral?

I don't know that I am really all that conservative although I guess I am on some issues.  But I think you are right in that the repeal of the Fairness Doctrine had at lease "some" influence on the change.  There are probably a handful of contributing factors, not the least of them being the growing intellectual laziness of society.  It used to be that a pretty large percentage of people were inquisitive and very interested in current events and by "interested", I mean interested to the point of wanting to hear factual information rather than being spoon fed what to think.  The fact that way too many people are more interested in "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" than they are in the world around them created an intellectual vacuum that made it very easy for biased editorials disguised as "news" to come in and fill that void. 
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 05:12:41 pm »

an intellectual vacuum that made it very easy for biased editorials disguised as "news" to come in and fill that void

you just described Rupert Murdocks strategy entirely. This was the fox news MO for a long time and the "left" does a very poor job of copying the strategy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray