Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:38:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC join in the cover up of Gov Cuomo
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: ABC, CBS, NBC and MSNBC join in the cover up of Gov Cuomo  (Read 7301 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2021, 07:00:00 pm »

Most of the workers in those fields are not unionized.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2021, 09:22:46 am »

Dave, you're crazy if you buy the hollow cries of economic populism coming from the right.

I don't really buy it.  There may be some that will jump on board, but there are others that will get called out for being fake populists.  The fillibuster being gone will force them to vote yes/no.  I think it will actually encourage bipartisanship.

Here's what I really think:

There are some Republicans (like Collins) who can vote for stuff that makes them appear moderate, when the votes gonna pass anyway.   There are probably several like that. 

A 50 vote threshold will likely get more GOP votes than a 60 vote threshold.  And it will allow straight up and down votes for simplier concept like minimum wage, without being attached to larger bills.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2021, 02:41:52 pm »

He's gone from people wanting him to run for POTUS to, in the least no way he can run for re-elect.  I don't know how he survives this one (he is fighting people within his own party telling him to step down).

This is the dichotomy you see between Rs and Ds .. when this happens to a D, the party will not stand for it and people are after his head. Trump was accused of much more serious offenses and the Rs paint hummers with his face on a jesus body.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2021, 03:14:27 pm »

Orange man bad defense didn't take long.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2021, 03:34:13 pm »

Nah, just the "3-4 is less than 15-20" chapter in the basic mathematics textbook. Wink

Frankly, I don't think either one should be eligible for public office.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2021, 01:33:44 pm »

LMAO ... It's easier to attack Trump than it is to debate what Maine said as that would require facts.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2021, 02:43:29 pm »

LMAO ... It's easier to attack Trump than it is to debate what Maine said as that would require facts.
Easy CF, don't push them too hard. Next move in their playbook is to call you a racist or something, LMFAO....

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2021, 09:21:02 pm »

One isn't worse than the other. They are both scum buckets.

rape is quantifiably worse than sexual harassment .. that being said, yes they're both scum .. and both shouldn't ever be appointed dog catcher

my point wasn't which was worse, it was which can do bad things and still get support from his crowd
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2021, 09:41:04 am »

I think that Cuomo is going down because it sounds like he's also an asshole that bullies people he has power over.

If you're nice to people, you get the benefit of the doubt from people you've worked with.  It seems like this is part of a bigger personality issue.  Some of the stuff against Cuomo is gross -- like using your power over young women....other stuff is probably not a big deal because it was minor stuff taken out of context 20 years ago, but it doesn't happen in a vacuum -- it's a pile of accusations.  Again, if you're an asshole bully, you don't get support from people who think you were decent.

He may be forced to resign, but either way, he won't be re-elected.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2021, 10:20:40 am »

Donald Trump is a criminal and should be in jail.  We will see what happens.  More often than not, the system fails women in these cases.

And a 6th person has come forward and said Cuomo touched her, without consent.  Again, they are both vile scum.  It's amazing to me, literally amazing, the wretched people who know what Trump has done and, yet, fly his flag (literally and figuratively). Defending the man, time and time again, looking the other way.  Where there is smoke, there is fire.

Believe the women, investigate thoroughly, and let the punishment/s always fit the crime.  Most often, they do not.

Liberals need to take a page out the book they have been wanting conservatives to do for four+ years on Cuomo.  Yes, the man is innocent until proven guilty, however, in some of these cases he has admitted guilt.  As such, hold him to the same standard you want Trump held. I actually think that has begun.
I think you are confusing supporting his policies with supporting his behavior. I think Frank Sinatra is guilty of many of the same "sex" type things that Trump and even Cuomo is guilty of but everyone supported him as well. In the end it comes down to what they can do for you. Trump's policies align with me and since my guy didn't win the GOP nomination I'm kind of stuck with him ... warts and all.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2021, 11:21:30 am »

I think you are confusing supporting his policies with supporting his behavior.

If you truly are ignoring all of his behavior because you like some of his policies...shame on you.  Perhaps you should find a different politician with similar policies who doesn't have a lifelong history of molesting women and lying/threatening/insulting people virtually every time he opens his mouth (or touches a keyboard).

Surely there is at least one GOP politician out there who would qualify.

Isn't there?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2021, 11:46:17 am »

I think Frank Sinatra is guilty of many of the same "sex" type things that Trump and even Cuomo is guilty of but everyone supported him as well.

Perhaps.  But Sinatra has been dead for 23 years and was irrelevant for many years before that.  It's not a very fair comparison to something happening today.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2021, 01:00:05 pm »

I think you are confusing supporting his policies with supporting his behavior.
The difference is not meaningful; Trump has your vote either way (even to this day).  You would happily vote for him tomorrow if you could.

I think Frank Sinatra is guilty of many of the same "sex" type things that Trump and even Cuomo is guilty of but everyone supported him as well. In the end it comes down to what they can do for you.
Then it's a good thing no one elected Sinatra president!  In contrast, you elected Trump and voted for him to be re-elected.  

Your excuse of the ends justify the means is no different than anyone else who abandons their morals to gain power.  It's not at all convincing, and makes this very thread a glaring example of rank hypocrisy.  I mean, by your standards, why should any Democrat care what Cuomo does?  He keeps us in power, which is all that matters according to you.

In Trump's policies align with me and since my guy didn't win the GOP nomination I'm kind of stuck with him ... warts and all.
I don't remember seeing you call for Trump to be primaried in 2020.

The bottom line is that when your "morals" take a distant back seat to gaining political power, no one wants to hear your crocodile tears about corrupt Democrats.  You've abandoned all pretense at a moral high ground, and you can't even bring yourself to reject Trump even after he's lost.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 01:02:38 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2021, 08:14:18 pm »

^^^^ Spider no one was going to unseat Trump in 2020 so it would have been useless for me to ask to vote for Nikki Haley or someone else if even given the chance. And as far as him having my vote you are wrong. I've had this conversation at least 4 times now with other republicans and I really am hoping he doesn't plan on running in 2024. He gets a lot of votes just for the fact he pisses you guys off and I'm ready to move beyond that. With that said if he is the GOP nominee I'll probably be stuck voting for him. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2021, 12:29:35 am »

Sorry, that's not a credible excuse.  Even after you were "stuck" voting for Trump in 2016, no one forced you to come on this website and make excuses for him for the last four years.  You did that on your own.  You willingly sacrificed your own moral dignity, all for the sake of owning the libs.  Or, as you put it yourself:

I don't think you realize how much conservatives felt attacked during the previous 8 years but to have an "in your face" rebuttal to it is appealing for many.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray