Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:06:20 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  PFN Mock Draft Simulator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PFN Mock Draft Simulator  (Read 877 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: February 27, 2021, 04:04:59 pm »

I found a mock draft simulator on Pro Football Network that allows you to make trades.  I did a full seven round mock draft.  I traded down with Philly from #3 to #6 and picked up their second rounder.  I also traded down with Indy from #18 to #21 and picked up a 5th rounder (Dolphins don't have a 5th rounder).  Also traded down late in the 2nd round with Cincy and picked up a 7th rounder).   Here are my results.  Got the O-Line and D-Line shored up and got Tua some weapons on offense.  Pretty damned good eh?

Round 1 

#6 Jamar Chase WR LSU

#21 Kwitty Paye EDGE Michigan

Round 2

#36 Alex Leatherwood OT Alabama

#38 Nick Bolton LB Missouri

#50 Javonte Williams RB North Carolina

Round 3

#81 Talanoa Hufanga S USC

Round 4

# 123 Royce Newman OG Ole Miss

Round 5

#166 Tre McKitty TE Georgia

Round 6

#208 LaBryan Ray DT Alabama

Round 7

#233 Rakeem Boyd RB Arkansas
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 07:19:46 pm »

FanSpeak has a really good draft simulator too.  The full draft version I think costs like $5 or $10 for a one year subscription but they have numerous updated "big boards" from different websites that they put up every week which gives a lot of variation in your simulated drafts.  If I remember correctly, I think Sunstroke uses that one too. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 07:27:00 am »

I found a mock draft simulator on Pro Football Network that allows you to make trades.  I did a full seven round mock draft.  I traded down with Philly from #3 to #6 and picked up their second rounder.  I also traded down with Indy from #18 to #21 and picked up a 5th rounder (Dolphins don't have a 5th rounder).  Also traded down late in the 2nd round with Cincy and picked up a 7th rounder).   Here are my results.  Got the O-Line and D-Line shored up and got Tua some weapons on offense.  Pretty damned good eh?

Round 1 

#6 Jamar Chase WR LSU

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

When i used it, it was kind of broken.  I could get the Eagles 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders for the next 3 years, then trade down with Detroit for the same and keep going as long as I wanted.  I'd be ecstatic if that was realistic lol.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 08:32:28 am »

When i used it, it was kind of broken.  I could get the Eagles 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounders for the next 3 years, then trade down with Detroit for the same and keep going as long as I wanted.  I'd be ecstatic if that was realistic lol.

While you won't get 6 picks from the Eagles, we aren't moving back for just a 2nd rounder either. That pick might cost us our chance at drfating who we want at WR and that is worth more than a pick in the 40's. Not to mention, all the teams who will be bidding for the pick because they wnat a QB.

In the end, I think we trade down to 8 with Carolina and get their 2nd this year and their 1st next year.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 08:36:58 am »

I love the new Fanspeak format for their mock draft.

I "never" go past the 4th round though. My favorite mocks for Miami are when I trade down from 3 to 5, get Sewell, then trade back up from 18 to 8 or 9 and grab either Chase or Pitts. Seems unreasonable, I know, but I have literally gotten that duo at least a couple of dozen times so far.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 07:11:36 pm »

Round 1 

#6 Jamar Chase WR LSU

Round 2

Round 3

Round 4

Round 5

Round 6

Round 7

My only comment would be, don't we have enough TE's?  Why draft one in the 5th round.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray