Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:03:50 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Time Miami was screwed the most in a game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Time Miami was screwed the most in a game  (Read 10618 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2021, 03:04:22 pm »

Yeah, maybe it was the correct call, there’s still controversy over if it was the right call within how the rules are written.

Anyway it was dumb which is why it was repealed. It was only a rule starting from 99’ and wasn’t even used until early in the 2001 season.

If a call is correct there is no screwjob or controversy

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2021, 12:23:37 pm »

If a call is correct there is no screwjob or controversy

It's not that black and white.

The "tuck rule" was some bullshit nobody had every heard of and wasn't applied in countless other similar situations.  When the one time it's used, it's to negate a huge play that essentially wipes out the golden child of football, there's reason to believe that maybe the refs are being a little extra careful to find every infraction against one team and not the other.

It happened to us for "batting" when we recovered a fumble against the Pats, only to have the ball given back to them because we didn't recover the fumble cleanly.

It's like in society -- sure, jaywalking may be against the law, but if you leave everyone alone, and then only arrest certain people for jaywalking, that's some bullshit.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2021, 06:09:31 pm »

It's not that black and white.

The "tuck rule" was some bullshit nobody had every heard of and wasn't applied in countless other similar situations.  When the one time it's used, it's to negate a huge play that essentially wipes out the golden child of football, there's reason to believe that maybe the refs are being a little extra careful to find every infraction against one team and not the other.

It happened to us for "batting" when we recovered a fumble against the Pats, only to have the ball given back to them because we didn't recover the fumble cleanly.

It's like in society -- sure, jaywalking may be against the law, but if you leave everyone alone, and then only arrest certain people for jaywalking, that's some bullshit.

The problem with your statement is that the tuck rule was applied consistently before that game.  If you want I can give examples.

The bat call you may have a point on. I had seen that call once in a super bowl but it was clear there was no attempt to recover it.  The dolphins were clearly attempting to recover that ball.  I think the determining factor was how far backward the ball traveled

Edit:  btw the dolphins did not recover that fumble it was a twenty yard loss for New England
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 06:12:50 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2021, 12:19:25 pm »

Edit:  btw the dolphins did not recover that fumble it was a twenty yard loss for New England

Yeah -- it was 4th down or something and then they ended up giving the Pats a 1st down for it, right?

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2021, 02:21:38 pm »

It was second and seven.  

This was not a flat out wrong call.  The rules do say you cannot bat the ball toward the other team’s goal line

Edit   Just one of many things that happen to Tom Brady’s teams.  The guy could walk across a busy freeway blindfolded and not get hit
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:58:36 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2021, 07:11:45 pm »

How about Miami was screwed in a game they did not play?   Week seventeen of last season could qualify.  Word is the refs made several calls that favored Cleveland against Pittsburgh

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2021, 11:24:33 am »

It was second and seven. 

This was not a flat out wrong call.  The rules do say you cannot bat the ball toward the other team’s goal line

We were recovering a fumble.  Fumbles bounce around and get batted around all the time.  This is a regular thing that happens.  ...you see the football fling in all weird directions when men in a pile are grabbing at an oblong ball.  I've never seen one of them cited for "batting" in that situation.

If that is a rule:
- We didn't bat the ball.
- Even if we did, that call is not applied evenly to other teams.

We both know that if Brady had fumbled in the same circumstances, that he wouldn't have been called for batting.  That's the issue.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2021, 12:24:27 pm »

The problem with your statement is that the tuck rule was applied consistently before that game.  If you want I can give examples.

The bat call you may have a point on. I had seen that call once in a super bowl but it was clear there was no attempt to recover it.  The dolphins were clearly attempting to recover that ball.  I think the determining factor was how far backward the ball traveled

Edit:  btw the dolphins did not recover that fumble it was a twenty yard loss for New England

All I could find was that prior to tuck rule game it was only used once before, interestingly enough, against NE in the same year. If you have anymore examples though let me know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2021, 03:58:09 pm »

Look on Wikipedia. It gives two examples. And don’t say it’s just Wikipedia.  That’s rhetoric

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2021, 10:37:16 am »

Wikipedia is actually a very reliable source, as long as the information isn't new or hotly contested...but in general, I believe it's more reliable than an encyclopedia.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2021, 12:24:40 pm »

On the illegal bat call I can think of two examples.  First one was in the first patriots giants super bowl.  The giants were flagged in the first half.  However, this was clearly an illegal bat because the player was headed on and had no chance of recovering it.  The second was in a game between Seattle and Detroit. The Seahawks batted the ball in the end zone and were not called for it.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2021, 09:38:45 pm »

Today appears to be another example of it

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray