Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:19:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Time Miami was screwed the most in a game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Time Miami was screwed the most in a game  (Read 10474 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2021, 04:41:17 pm »

Thanks for the link. Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2021, 05:24:10 pm »

There was  no rule preventing it. Sucks for us but they found the loophole

If we're still talking about the snowplow play, I was reading something about anything that gives a team an unfair advantage is inherently against the rules.  It doesn't have to be specifically spelled out.  The NFL rules after the fact that it was an unfair advantage to only plow for one team's specific kick and none of the others, but it was too late to do anything about it.

It's weird because the refs made the rule up that they could plow, right there on the field, which was their right to do.  They couldn't see the lines, so they made a call.  The screwjob came because the plow operator was a pats fan and specifically drove well off the yardline to plow the spot they were kicking from.  I think the right call would've been to penalize the patriots for some kind of stadium intereference and make them kick from the new spot.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2021, 05:27:20 pm »

Wow, that Pitt play was a big screwjob.  I can't even watch all of it.  It still pisses me off.  LOL.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 05:37:16 pm »

Interesting on the illegal bat call against the Patriots in 2013.

In 2010, Miami faced New England on Monday Night.  Miami was losing 27-14 and lined up for a field goal attempt.  It was blocked and New England returned it for a touchdown.  However, the replay showed that a New England player had batted the ball forward before Kyle Arrington returned the ball for the score.  If that had been called, Miami would have had a first down deep in New England territory down by two scores.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2021, 04:28:22 pm »

If we're still talking about the snowplow play, I was reading something about anything that gives a team an unfair advantage is inherently against the rules.  It doesn't have to be specifically spelled out.  The NFL rules after the fact that it was an unfair advantage to only plow for one team's specific kick and none of the others, but it was too late to do anything about it.

It's weird because the refs made the rule up that they could plow, right there on the field, which was their right to do.  They couldn't see the lines, so they made a call.  The screwjob came because the plow operator was a pats fan and specifically drove well off the yardline to plow the spot they were kicking from.  I think the right call would've been to penalize the patriots for some kind of stadium intereference and make them kick from the new spot.

I think where it gets tricky is the operator did it on his own.  If the Pats coach had directed him to do it — pretty easy case to penalize the team.  But penalizing the team for something a rouge fan did, now the the other team has a valid argument that they were treated unfairly for something they had nothing to do with. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2021, 09:13:07 pm »

I think where it gets tricky is the operator did it on his own.  If the Pats coach had directed him to do it — pretty easy case to penalize the team.  But penalizing the team for something a rouge fan did, now the the other team has a valid argument that they were treated unfairly for something they had nothing to do with. 

If I recall he was a convict on weekend work release.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2021, 09:39:18 pm »

If I recall he was a convict on weekend work release.
Yep. After the game He even said something along the lines of “what are they going to do? Arrest me?”

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2021, 09:28:19 am »

This is total bullshit, off-the-top-of-my-head stuff, but I think...I THINK....that the home team is responsible for stuff like that.  And that the host team is responsible for things like that and can be penalized.  ...like for playing crowd noise in the speakers, playing music over the offensive huddle (if against the rules), etc.  All those people are in the team's employ, so it would be like penalizing a conditioning coach for some infraction.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2021, 11:14:27 am »

Do you remember the Leon Lett play on Thanksgiving?

Doug Pederson was the holder for the field goal attempt.  He worked hard to clear the spot for the next kick, which led to some drama because the ref kept changing where the ball was going to be spotted.  Oddly, though, he used his foot.  I think it would have been more effective to use his towel, or sweep his arms.     

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2021, 11:16:41 am »

Do you remember the Leon Lett play on Thanksgiving?

I do.

Doug Pederson was the holder for the field goal attempt.  He worked hard to clear the spot for the next kick, which led to some drama because the ref kept changing where the ball was going to be spotted.  Oddly, though, he used his foot.  I think it would have been more effective to use his towel, or sweep his arms.     

Maybe....it's also just frozen ground you're dealing with.  And it's the kicker's placement foot that's probably just as much of an issue.  The Leon Lett play was more about that particular player not knowing the rules.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2021, 12:32:18 pm »

Tuck rule that led NE to winning their first SB lol. Had they not went to that one I don’t know if the dynasty happens. Would have been a different AfCE for 20 years I think.

Seriously though I think they’ve all been mentioned, Pittsburg fumble was pretty messed up.

I think I remember a Chambers potential TD reception that was called back for not maintaining possession after hitting the ground for x amount of time. IIRC it was pretty close and I know that’s standard now but at the time it was one of the first times I had heard about it. I can’t remember the context of the game or if it would have made a difference or not.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 12:36:29 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2021, 02:23:10 pm »

Tuck rule that led NE to winning their first SB lol. Had they not went to that one I don’t know if the dynasty happens. Would have been a different AfCE for 20 years I think.

Seriously though I think they’ve all been mentioned, Pittsburg fumble was pretty messed up.

I think I remember a Chambers potential TD reception that was called back for not maintaining possession after hitting the ground for x amount of time. IIRC it was pretty close and I know that’s standard now but at the time it was one of the first times I had heard about it. I can’t remember the context of the game or if it would have made a difference or not.

The tuck rule was the correct call.  A Correct call that hurts your team is not getting screwed. 

Do you people realize this?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2021, 02:25:13 pm »

DenverFinFan
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2021, 02:41:24 pm »

The tuck rule was the correct call.  A Correct call that hurts your team is not getting screwed. 

Do you people realize this?

Yeah, maybe it was the correct call, there’s still controversy over if it was the right call within how the rules are written.

Anyway it was dumb which is why it was repealed. It was only a rule starting from 99’ and wasn’t even used until early in the 2001 season.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2021, 02:42:08 pm »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qx3rZOBxWl8&feature=youtu.be  

This is what you mean.  Again this is a correct call.

I don’t think that was what I was think about but thanks because I enjoyed watching the clips. I was at that game and what I was thinking about happened when I was watching TV.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2021, 02:45:27 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray