Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:38:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Free Agency moves
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Free Agency moves  (Read 5968 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2021, 08:30:51 am »

Samuel isn't all that, I don't get the hype.  There are a lot of veteran WRs still available, plus Chase/Smith/Waddle could all be special WRs, better than anyone that was a FA, as none of the FA this year really seemed like true dominant #1 WRs.

Signing a WR in free agency would've gave us some flexibility when it comes to the draft, whether we wanted to get Sewell or just trade down for more picks. If we don't get a WR, our options are much more limited. At best, we could trade back with Detroit and draft whichever WR the Eagles don't draft. We still aren't in a bad spot but I was hoping we used our money and our picks to get better, so far we are just adding depth.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2021, 10:28:39 am »

Washington signs Curtis Samuel for 3 years.

It's now Ju Ju or nothing for us.
I don't see Ju Ju as a Flores kind of guy. He likes "team first" players and Ju Ju seems to be the exact opposite.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2021, 10:47:26 am »

I don't see Ju Ju as a Flores kind of guy. He likes "team first" players and Ju Ju seems to be the exact opposite.

Same here. I think we are hoping Albert Wilson produces in the slot and we draft a WR now.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2021, 11:20:47 am »

Rumor is JuJu talking to the Jets
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2021, 12:08:51 pm »

It's now Ju Ju or nothing for us.

I'm good with nothing in free agency at the WR position.  It is a deep WR draft and as long as the Fins can get one of the top WR's in the 1st round, they can still pick up another good one in the middle rounds.  A lot of really good slot receivers coming out in the draft this year too. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2021, 12:29:44 pm »

I'm good with nothing in free agency at the WR position.  It is a deep WR draft and as long as the Fins can get one of the top WR's in the 1st round, they can still pick up another good one in the middle rounds.  A lot of really good slot receivers coming out in the draft this year too. 

The problem with this is that it limits our draft moves now. We have to stay in the Top 6 or 7 to get Chase or Smith so we can't trade too far back and no chance at Sewell. We also just lost our starting center and look to be replacing him internally. Our 3 biggest needs at O-Line, WR and DE were not addressed in free agency so we have to go with rookies now.

Hope the team really sees something in the guys we currently have.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2021, 01:58:59 pm »

No arguments with this at all, but the more I read about, and watch film of, the more I like a lot of hte tier 2 WRs in this class. As much as we've stared at pictures of Chase, Smith and Pitts in the Montgomery WR Christmas catalog, I really wouldn't have any issues with skipping out on WR until after round 1.

Pennei Sewell needs to be Miami's first pick. If that happens, and we feel we can get one of the tier 2 WRs in round 2, then I'd love to see one of the following players with the second first rounder...

ILB Micah Parson
OC Creed Humphrey
OG/OT Rashawn Slater
DE Jaelen Phillips
DE Kwity Payne
DE Carlos Basham

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2021, 04:24:52 pm »

A lower tier WR that has been projected anywhere from the 4th round to undrafted that I really like is Tayvon Grimes from Florida.  He isn't a speedster but he is tall and strong.   He got stuck behind Toney and gave up a lot of catches to Kyle Pitts (the TE) but on just about any other team he would have been the #1 WR on the team.  I'm not saying he could step in and be the lead WR for the Fins in his rookie season, but I could see him being a more stout DeVante Parker in a year or two. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2021, 09:20:22 am »

Patriots resigned their starting center for 4 years. So, no idea where this leaves Karas. I would be surprised if he would've signed there knowing he would be a backup. He can definitely be a starter in this league.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2021, 02:25:41 pm »

No arguments with this at all, but the more I read about, and watch film of, the more I like a lot of hte tier 2 WRs in this class. As much as we've stared at pictures of Chase, Smith and Pitts in the Montgomery WR Christmas catalog, I really wouldn't have any issues with skipping out on WR until after round 1.

Pennei Sewell needs to be Miami's first pick. If that happens, and we feel we can get one of the tier 2 WRs in round 2, then I'd love to see one of the following players with the second first rounder...

ILB Micah Parson
OC Creed Humphrey
OG/OT Rashawn Slater
DE Jaelen Phillips
DE Kwity Payne
DE Carlos Basham

After Sewell, I'd like to see Miami draft LB Owusu-Koramoah from ND.  Then with their third first round pick (some call it a 2nd rounder, but at 35 your getting a guy graded to go in the 1st round) they can take a WR.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2021, 02:59:43 pm »

I have nothing to go off of but I'm betting most of us will have to look up Miami's second first round pick. We like to surprise people ...hahaha.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2021, 03:03:46 pm »

I have nothing to go off of but I'm betting most of us will have to look up Miami's second first round pick. We like to surprise people ...hahaha.

After our third 1st round pick last year, you might be right. I hope not because we need our first 4 picks to be starters this season.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2021, 03:05:31 pm »

After Sewell, I'd like to see Miami draft LB Owusu-Koramoah from ND.  Then with their third first round pick (some call it a 2nd rounder, but at 35 your getting a guy graded to go in the 1st round) they can take a WR.

He is an excellent LB, and I'd be fine with that pick. But the reason I prefer Parsons...bigger, stronger and a little more versatile.

Both should make excellent pros though...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2021, 11:03:42 pm »

[deleted my message and reposted in a more appropriate forum]
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 11:08:04 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray