Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:03:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Spam phone calls.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Spam phone calls.  (Read 4052 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2021, 08:29:57 am »

Yes that's what I mean.  I'll buy a guy some food before I just hand him money.   Almost all of the time they don't want the food.

I don't really believe in "handing a guy a dollar" type of charity.  If you want food, there are ample opportunities provided to get food.  Standing in the street isn't one of them.

I believe in helping the homeless, but I think that me giving a guy a buck outside of my window encourages a guy to stand in the street, which is dangerous.  If you need a job, there are services to help with that.  If you need food, there are food banks.  If you need a place to live, there are shelters.  I'm sure we can do better as a society for these people, but none of those solutions start with a guy standing next to an offramp.  And if you want drugs and booze (which is what they all want), fuck off.

I also don't like people selling things like roses or begging for money for seemingly worthwhile purposes (some fireman collecting money in a boot) in the median.  Get the fuck out of the road -- it's for driving, not a place of commerce.  It slows everything down, it's dangerous, and it's annoying.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2022, 05:27:53 pm »

Just an update that I got a bunch of calls today and that this still pisses me off. 

I looked up today and there's several types of proposed legislation but it just can't seem to get passed.  So friggin' annoying.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2022, 08:59:52 pm »

As i read, “If you need a job, there are services to help with that.  If you need food, there are food banks.  If you need a place to live, there are shelters.”

I couldn’t help but to think of, Are there no prisons?” “And the Union workhouses?” “Are they still in operation?” “The Treadmill and the Poor Law are in full vigour, then?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray