Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:34:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  R.I.P. Howard Schnellenberger
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: R.I.P. Howard Schnellenberger  (Read 1434 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: March 27, 2021, 10:04:12 am »

Long time football coach who served as an assistant under several legends including Don Shula and Bear Bryant has passed away.  He led the Hurricanes to their first ever national championship in 1983 and had he stuck around, I'm sure he would've won quite a few more.  He came up with the concept of recruiting local players out of Miami's ghettos because he knew they not only had the talent but the drive. 
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 01:33:09 pm »

I was just getting ready to post about this myself.  As a young teenager I was invited to participate in a football camp he ran.  I learned a lot that summer about football, but he stressed just as much about being a quality person and treating people with respect.  His words on both topics have stuck with me all these years.  Nothing we can say about him on this forum would do him justice.  So if you aren't familiar with him.  Read up on him.  Not just about his football accomplishments but about how he conducted himself in life. Your time will be well spent.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 05:36:44 pm »

RIP Mr. Shchnellenberher

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 08:38:06 am »

A friend of my father...an excellent coach and a very nice gentleman. RIP, Howard!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 02:09:33 pm »

RIP
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 06:27:13 pm »

He's responsible for getting FAU football up and going.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray