Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:54:40 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Congratulations Stroke (Padres no hitter)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Congratulations Stroke (Padres no hitter)  (Read 1822 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: April 09, 2021, 11:01:04 pm »

I know you're the board's resident Padres fan.  Joe Musgrove just threw a no hitter for them, the first no hitter in franchise history.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:03:26 pm by MaineDolFan » Logged
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 09:29:52 am »

I thought of Sunstroke when I saw about the no hitter also.  Probably because he is literally the only Padres fan I know on the entire planet.  lol
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 02:06:16 pm »

I was just thinking, "How is it possible for a baseball team to exist for 50 years and not throw a single no-hitter?", but apparently SD was the only team in the majors to have never thrown a no-no.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 04:51:03 pm »

I was just thinking, "How is it possible for a baseball team to exist for 50 years and not throw a single no-hitter?", but apparently SD was the only team in the majors to have never thrown a no-no.

They never really had great pitching, I can't even name a great Padres pitcher other than Steve Garvey and Trevor Hoffman. To be fair though, it really is just a crap shoot too. A pitcher can throw a 3 hitter and pitch better than someone who threw a no hitter, sometimes a 7 hopper to short gets through.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 09:14:04 pm »

They never really had great pitching, I can't even name a great Padres pitcher other than Steve Garvey and Trevor Hoffman. To be fair though, it really is just a crap shoot too. A pitcher can throw a 3 hitter and pitch better than someone who threw a no hitter, sometimes a 7 hopper to short gets through.

Bingo.  You have to be really lucky or your teammatess have to be firing on all cylinders in the field to throw a no hitter or a perfect game.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 09:21:03 am »

Sorry guys...I rarely hit the board on the weekend.

I watched every pitch of that game, and I kept waiting for the hit to come. When it got to the 8th inning, I lit two candles on top of the TV. When the no-no entered the 9th inning, I stood up and was pumping my fist on every pitch. When the last Rangers hitter hit that grounder to short, I was in full happy dance mode.

So glad it was a local SD kid who ended up getting the Padres off the schneid... 

GO PADRES!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray