Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:00:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Niners Drafting Mac Jones?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Niners Drafting Mac Jones?  (Read 2903 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2021, 01:17:42 pm »

In a normal year he would've been a Day 2 pick but we have an unusually high number of QB needy teams this year so he is going to Sam Darnold himself into a Top 10 pick probably.

Carolina or Denver, here he comes...

In regards to Justin Fields, do you really think Lynch would have traded that king's ransom of draft capital if they hadn't already locked down which QB they actually wanted?  A scripted pro day isn't really going to change anything. The 49ers are locked in on Fields, and have been since before they pulled the trigger on that deal.

Everything else is just draft season misdirectional garbage.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2021, 03:22:02 pm »

Carolina or Denver, here he comes...

In regards to Justin Fields, do you really think Lynch would have traded that king's ransom of draft capital if they hadn't already locked down which QB they actually wanted?  A scripted pro day isn't really going to change anything. The 49ers are locked in on Fields, and have been since before they pulled the trigger on that deal.

Everything else is just draft season misdirectional garbage.

I didn't think for a second they were taking Jones for all of the reasons I listed above, I just don't understand why there would need to be misdirection for this. The Jags are taking Lawrence and the Jets are taking Wilson, no need to psych anyone out. They are going to take Fields or Trey Lance and that's that. Sounds like this may have been a reporter just throwing shit out there for clicks on a slow news day.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 02:10:02 pm »

ESPN's Adam Schefter says he expects the Niners to draft Mac Jones. He didn't quote a GM or anything, but like one of the NFL Network guys, this is the conclusion he is coming to based on a few things.

I still think there is no chance they draft Jones but we got 3 weeks to speculate and have nothing better to do.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2021, 09:13:24 pm »

I personally think Jones is going to be a good one. He seems like a perfect example of a great QB who slides in under the radar because of things like the talent around him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray