Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:53:24 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who Would Anger You at 6?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Who Would Anger You at 6?  (Read 1911 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: April 08, 2021, 08:36:27 am »

Is there anyone that we draft at 6 that will anger you? Not that the player is bad but it would be a reach or the wrong guy? Like, drafting Waddle over Chase or Micah Parsons.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 08:43:31 am »

I think pretty much any DE or DL at #6 would make me think "wtf is this team doing?"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 08:54:14 am »

Anyone who's name isn't Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Smith, Waddle, Slater or Parsons.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:04:41 am »

In general, I prefer not to draft RBs high, as I believe it's a position that is limited in its ability to help you win, reliant so much on the quality of other players, and can be acquired for slightly reduced quality for greatly reduced capital.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 09:19:48 am »

Interestingly, the Dolphins have never had the #6 overall pick before.  I would be upset if they drafted any entire family with the #6 pick.  (waving at Ted Ginn and his grandma)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 09:30:01 am »

There are only a few that most want at 6 so there are a lot that would upset us. I'll go out on a limb though and say I'd be pissed if Justin Fields falls and we drafted him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 11:13:24 am »

Who at 6 would anger me. Who is on first.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 11:18:50 am »

Interestingly, the Dolphins have never had the #6 overall pick before.  I would be upset if they drafted any entire family with the #6 pick.  (waving at Ted Ginn and his grandma)

Was Ginn the worst Top 10 pick in franchise history or was that trading up for Dion Jordan?
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 11:31:19 am »

Anyone who's name isn't Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Smith, Waddle, Slater or Parsons.

This right here

Was Ginn the worst Top 10 pick in franchise history or was that trading up for Dion Jordan?

Between Ginn, Jordan and Sammie Smith, I'll give it to Jordan.  The other two contributed at times.  Jordan contributed virtually nothing
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 11:48:21 am »

This right here

Between Ginn, Jordan and Sammie Smith, I'll give it to Jordan.  The other two contributed at times.  Jordan contributed virtually nothing

You know what's messed up the most about the Jordan thing? We had the 12th pick and traded all the way up to #3 and all it cost us was the #42 overall pick. That's a hell of a trade and I was really excited when we made it and then we drafted an injured guy we didn't even need at the time. Everyone was shocked and for good reason. We used to be run by idiots, those days appear to be gone for now.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 01:29:10 pm »

You know what's messed up the most about the Jordan thing? We had the 12th pick and traded all the way up to #3 and all it cost us was the #42 overall pick. That's a hell of a trade and I was really excited when we made it and then we drafted an injured guy we didn't even need at the time. Everyone was shocked and for good reason. We used to be run by idiots, those days appear to be gone for now.

How Jeff Ireland managed to stay on as GM for six years is way beyond me.  He should've followed Tony Sparano out the door.  Your head coach and your GM are joined at the hip.  You never fire one and keep the other.  That ties your hands.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 01:35:12 pm »

How Jeff Ireland managed to stay on as GM for six years is way beyond me.  He should've followed Tony Sparano out the door.  Your head coach and your GM are joined at the hip.  You never fire one and keep the other.  That ties your hands.

Ross is a good owner who cares about winning and spends out of his own pocket for things like stadium renovations, but he's not the best when it comes to knowing who the good football people are. He probably lucked out with Grier and so far it is working.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 03:48:26 pm »

Ross knew he wasn’t an expert in football.  The one person who was available who he had absolute faith in was Bill Parcells.  Bill Parcells told Ross that Ireland would make a good GM.  Ross trusted BP.

Not an illogical chain of events for a new owner (who was also a lifelong Giants fan).

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 03:55:44 pm »

Ross knew he wasn’t an expert in football.  The one person who was available who he had absolute faith in was Bill Parcells.  Bill Parcells told Ross that Ireland would make a good GM.  Ross trusted BP.

Not an illogical chain of events for a new owner (who was also a lifelong Giants fan).

That whole time period was great and weird and terrible. Going from 1-15 to 11-5 and winning the division and then selling the team and Parcells leaving because of it. Makes you wonder what would've happened if he stayed.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 10:05:51 pm »

Any QB at 6 would make me mad.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray