Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:35:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  European Super League
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: European Super League  (Read 4301 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 12:26:05 am »

I don't want to turn this into a team or league bashing but comparing these leagues is like comparing college football conferences.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 02:39:34 am »

The fact that people saw the patriots recent run of success and claimed it's as a historic dynasty just goes to prove how the american system of sports has desensitized  people to accept mediocrity. When a team has a run of mild success, it's a dynasty.
Please calm down, sir.  I think the list of sports dynasties in North America extends beyond the Joe DiMaggio Yankees, Bill Russell Celtics, and Maurice Richard Canadiens.  6 titles with one coach and QB is not "mediocrity."

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2021, 09:14:58 am »

Please calm down, sir.  I think the list of sports dynasties in North America extends beyond the Joe DiMaggio Yankees, Bill Russell Celtics, and Maurice Richard Canadiens.  6 titles with one coach and QB is not "mediocrity."

Not to mention the slew of AFC East titles and playoff success.  I believe that they only failed to win the division once since Brady took over and that was the year he blew out his knee on opening day.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2021, 08:05:19 pm »

I don't want to turn this into a team or league bashing but comparing these leagues is like comparing college football conferences.

Sure .. it's like saying that a team with the funding levels of FAU won the national championship against teams with the funding levels of Notre Dame.

It's easy to play for the title if you're in a big 5 conference, FC Porto is in a small league with lower revenue. But they won the champions league twice while Totenham Hotspur have won jack shit.  So you tell me which has more success. The team that wins it all with low funding or the team that can't win anything with tons of cash.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2021, 09:16:47 pm »

I think it would have been a fun tournament. I'm not heartbroken  about it though.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2021, 09:58:39 am »

Sure .. it's like saying that a team with the funding levels of FAU won the national championship against teams with the funding levels of Notre Dame.

It's easy to play for the title if you're in a big 5 conference, FC Porto is in a small league with lower revenue. But they won the champions league twice while Totenham Hotspur have won jack shit.  So you tell me which has more success. The team that wins it all with low funding or the team that can't win anything with tons of cash.

We hate Tottenham, We Hate Tottenham.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2021, 08:18:23 pm »

Yes, and the top free agents would refuse to sign anywhere else but with one of these 8 teams and players on other teams would try to force trades to them as well.

Oh I get it now, they want to make it like the NBA.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray