Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:06:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Murder rates soar dramatically in cities after BLM protests
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Murder rates soar dramatically in cities after BLM protests  (Read 2836 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 22, 2021, 05:37:41 pm »

I get that the left will think its just a coincidence and continue their defund the police efforts but for us on the right this is a given.

Travis Campbell, an economics PhD candidate at the University of Massachusetts, published his findings in a recent pre-print study examining the impact of BLM protests on police use-of-force incidents.

Campbell said his data suggested that BLM protests result in 'less police effort and less proactive policing,' which could explain both the decrease in police killings and the overall increase in murders.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9500789/Murder-rates-dramatically-cities-BLM-protests-researcher-finds.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 08:14:15 pm »

Campbell said his data suggested that BLM protests result in 'less police effort and less proactive policing,' which could explain both the decrease in police killings and the overall increase in murders.

So police half-ass it when people get mad at them for killing people.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 08:22:13 pm »

So police half-ass it when people get mad at them for killing people.
Yeah, I would too if my job was to deal with criminals and you won't let me protect myself. Fuck em, let the trash take itself out.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2021, 02:10:51 am »

Interesting study.  I wonder how low we could get murder rates if we explicitly encouraged police to summarily execute suspected criminals on the street?

To a rational person, that sounds like an insane question, but that's actually the choice being offered here: is the reduced number of police shootings "worth" the increase in murders?  Apparently, American police are so lazy and corrupt that if you ask them to stop killing unarmed people, their only possible response is to refuse to do their job.  So I guess there's no other option, and we have to choose between letting the police murder civilians or letting civilians murder each other.  No other alternative!

(I notice that unstated in this study is the impact of BLM protests on illegal loose cigarette sales, counterfeit bill arrests, missing front license plates, and busted tail lights... which is weird, because all of those things have led to unarmed black people being killed by police!)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 02:12:36 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 09:47:58 am »

I mean...it's kind of a "so what" situation.

You gotta protest police brutality if you think it's a problem.  If you don't think it's a problem, others gotta protest because you're not seeing that it's a problem.  If the cost is that there's less policing or somehow more murdering because people are protesting that brutality -- I mean...is the implication there that cops aren't doing as much?  Ok.  ...more reason to protest.  People (maybe not you, but people....like me) are generally unhappy with the way that policing works in this country.  So protests happen.

All that said, this is probably correlation.  Stresses are high, there's a pandemic that people are starting to emerge from, there are a lot of people out of work, etc.  There's a lot going on all at the same time.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 10:03:40 am »

You gotta protest police brutality if you think it's a problem.  If you don't think it's a problem, others gotta protest because you're not seeing that it's a problem.  If the cost is that there's less policing or somehow more murdering because people are protesting that brutality -- I mean...is the implication there that cops aren't doing as much?  Ok.  ...more reason to protest.  People (maybe not you, but people....like me) are generally unhappy with the way that policing works in this country.  So protests happen.

All that said, this is probably correlation.  Stresses are high, there's a pandemic that people are starting to emerge from, there are a lot of people out of work, etc.  There's a lot going on all at the same time.

Don't overlook states where abortion is restricted or made difficult to the point of impossible seeing a raise in crime rates 18 years later. That's a demonstrated link.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2021, 10:46:43 am »

Interesting study.  I wonder how low we could get murder rates if we explicitly encouraged police to summarily execute suspected criminals on the street?

To a rational person, that sounds like an insane question, but that's actually the choice being offered here: is the reduced number of police shootings "worth" the increase in murders?  Apparently, American police are so lazy and corrupt that if you ask them to stop killing unarmed people, their only possible response is to refuse to do their job.  So I guess there's no other option, and we have to choose between letting the police murder civilians or letting civilians murder each other.  No other alternative!

(I notice that unstated in this study is the impact of BLM protests on illegal loose cigarette sales, counterfeit bill arrests, missing front license plates, and busted tail lights... which is weird, because all of those things have led to unarmed black people being killed by police!)

There is no epidemic of fatal police shootings against black Americans. You don't seem to understand that there are going to be people killed by police, some of those will be black. The police have fatally shot about 1,000 civilians annually for the past few years out of a country of 350 million. The black areas tends to be policed more heavily, because that is where people are disproportionately hurt by violent crime. For example, in New York City in 2018, 73% of shooting victims were Black, but Black residents only made up 24% of the city’s population.

The funny part is that it doesn't matter what a black person is doing. Because black people are beyond reproach. Even if they are in the process of committing a violent crime, they can do no wrong. If you call a homeless white person a bum, it's a fact. If you call a homeless black person a bum and you're a racist. If you call a white violent criminal a thug, it's a fact. If you call a black violent criminal a thug, you're a racist. And so on and so on.

If a black person is about to kill another black person with a knife and a police officer uses lethal force after giving 3-4 verbal warnings to the person with the knife. The media and ignorant black citizens make him out to be the racist bad guy for doing his job. Even if the cop was black and you didn't know beforehand, you guys would assume he was a racist white guy.The girl that was about to be stabbed by the fat chick isn't complaining. I bet if you or a family member was about to be killed and the police came and shot them you wouldn't be complaining either.

But now the WOKE liberals are screaming justice for Ma'Khia. The same Ma'Khia that starts swinging a knife wildly at another girl. The same Ma'Khia that  officer shouts verbal warnings to several times that she ignores. I guess we should have just let her kill the girl in pink right? You people look at everything in either black or white (pun intended). When most things in life are in the gray area and every situation is different

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 10:53:41 am »

Don't overlook states where abortion is restricted or made difficult to the point of impossible seeing a raise in crime rates 18 years later. That's a demonstrated link.
Since the white devil slave master police love to murder black people in the streets like animals. I'd love to see a few test cases run where majority black cities are policed by only black police officers. Since then the old tired "racist white cop" thing is off the table. What you think would happen? What fake outrage would you people complain about next?

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 10:54:18 am »

If a black person is about to kill another black person with a knife and a police officer uses lethal force after giving 3-4 verbal warnings to the person with the knife. The media and ignorant black citizens make him out to be the racist bad guy for doing his job. Even if the cop was black and you didn't know beforehand, you guys would assume he was a racist white guy.The girl that was about to be stabbed by the fat chick isn't complaining. I bet if you or a family member was about to be killed and the police came and shot them you wouldn't be complaining either.

But now the WOKE liberals are screaming justice for Ma'Khia. The same Ma'Khia that starts swinging a knife wildly at another girl. The same Ma'Khia that  officer shouts verbal warnings to several times that she ignores. I guess we should have just let her kill the girl in pink right? You people look at everything in either black or white (pun intended). When most things in life are in the gray area and every situation is different

This right here.   It doesn't matter if you're black, white, red, green or whatever.  Doesn't matter what color the cop is either.  If you're using a deadly weapon on someone and a cop sees you doing it, 99 times out of 100, you are going to get shot.

I honestly wish the cop who shot Ma'Khia had a good enough aim to shoot off her hand that was holding the knife rather than just shoot her dead.  Then she would've lived (minus a hand) and her victim's life would've no longer been in danger.   To me, that's a more fitting punishment.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 10:59:27 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 10:59:29 am »

When most things in life are in the gray area and every situation is different

I think you're creating a straw-man argument.  I've said this again and again.  I don't think you can link all these cases together.  Lethal force in some of these cases is justified or at the very least, non-criminal and I've kept saying that.

I feel like you're arguing against a position that I don't hold.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 11:04:44 am »

If a black person is about to kill another black person with a knife and a police officer uses lethal force after giving 3-4 verbal warnings to the person with the knife. The media and ignorant black citizens make him out to be the racist bad guy for doing his job.
Meanwhile, when a cop is on video kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed black man for nine minutes and he dies, people (some of whom are posting in this thread) are quick to blame anything but the cop.  The suspect was a drug user!  He had a heart attack!

I mean, a police officer walked into a man's apartment and shot him dead when everyone (including you!) agrees he had done literally nothing wrong, and you were falling all over yourself to make excuses for her.

You don't see me on here calling a cop a racist for shooting an aggressive woman with a knife, but I do see you on here defending even the most egregious examples of wanton police brutality.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 11:09:21 am »

I think you're creating a straw-man argument.  I've said this again and again.  I don't think you can link all these cases together.  Lethal force in some of these cases is justified or at the very least, non-criminal and I've kept saying that.

I feel like you're arguing against a position that I don't hold.
Maybe you do, maybe you don't. I'm arguing what the black community, media, celebrities, and white guilt/virtue signaling people are saying. Every black person killed by a white law enforcement officer is being portrayed as racist. When in fact only a small percentage fit that category. Regardless of what anyone says, Daunte Wright was a threat. That fat girl with the knife was a threat. When lives of law enforcement or the public are determined to be at risk, then law enforcement is authorized to use lethal force.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 11:33:01 am »

Meanwhile, when a cop is on video kneeling on the neck of a handcuffed black man for nine minutes and he dies, people (some of whom are posting in this thread) are quick to blame anything but the cop.  The suspect was a drug user!  He had a heart attack!
The cop was found guilty. I'm fine with that. He needs to be held accountable for his actions.  But I don't feel it was racially motivated or that the cop meant to kill him. And there is no proof of that.

I mean, a police officer walked into a man's apartment and shot him dead when everyone (including you!) agrees he had done literally nothing wrong, and you were falling all over yourself to make excuses for her.
No one made any "excuses" for her. I don't feel it was racially motivated or that the she meant or planned to kill him. And again, there is no evidence of that. I was simply giving my interpretation of what happened. I think Guyger, an off duty police officer(i.e. citizen), made a very grave error. She was found guilty and I'm fine with it.

You don't see me on here calling a cop a racist for shooting an aggressive woman with a knife, but I do see you on here defending even the most egregious examples of wanton police brutality.
I'm not defending anything. I'm disputing the racist angle you people seem to perpetuate every time a black person is killed by police. When in reality, most of the time it's justified. You may not be calling a cop a racist for shooting an aggressive woman with a knife. But you sure as hell ain't addressing the WOKE mob calling him a racist. I guess if you do that, you would have to question and admit that this whole "racist white cops out to kill all the black people" propaganda is nothing but a political stunt by the liberals and the media.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 12:06:20 pm »

You're talking about undefined "woke mobs."
I'm talking about your own direct statements.
I think "personal accountability" is in order.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 12:15:39 pm »

You're talking about undefined "woke mobs."
I'm talking about your own direct statements.
I think "personal accountability" is in order.
You're sidestepping the subject. I just gave you direct statements. Just to make them clear, both referenced cases resulted in convictions and I'm fine with that.

Are you saying that you agree with the WOKE mob that Floyd and Jean were killed just because they were black? What about Wright and Ma'Khia, do you think that they were slaughtered in the streets just because they were black? If not, why aren't you refuting the racist claims made by the WOKE mob?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray