Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:13:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Rant: The general public are slapdicks.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Rant: The general public are slapdicks.  (Read 6053 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2021, 05:29:03 pm »

^^^ I'm betting she was a red head, they're crazy.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2021, 07:14:12 pm »

They're all crazy. Was it a fancy car? How big is your truck? My guess is she was trying to protect her car and didn't trust Maine leaving.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2021, 08:14:59 pm »

There is some validity to the saying, "Crazy in the head, crazy in the bed."
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2021, 09:26:14 pm »

They're all crazy. Was it a fancy car? How big is your truck? My guess is she was trying to protect her car and didn't trust Maine leaving.
You sir, have just won the platinum double diamond grand prize 👌👌👌

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2021, 09:45:08 am »

I look up.  There is a woman, in a red whatever the heck it is, window down, motioning.  "ARE YOU LEAVING?"  BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

So I did what any self respecting person would do.  I shrugged and ignored her.  She parked RIGHT NEXT TO ME and stormed away.  Instead of one of the several dozen empty spots open to her.

I could understand her frustration if the parking lot was full and your spot was close to the entrance.   I've done that a couple times.   But far away from the store with a few dozen spots open.... SMH.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2021, 08:37:13 am »

I can't express how far I was from the store - and how empty the parking lot was where we were.  Dealer's choice, she could have parked in literally any of the DOZEN-S- of empty spots around her.  The size of my truck (it's a Ram 1500) really doesn't matter.
Ram 1500 bros, woo.  Mine's a Rebel.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2021, 01:54:12 pm »

I can't express how far I was from the store - and how empty the parking lot was where we were.  Dealer's choice, she could have parked in literally any of the DOZEN-S- of empty spots around her.  The size of my truck (it's a Ram 1500) really doesn't matter.

Here's one no one has asked but I don't know if it matters as much in Maine. Was it a shady spot? In Florida a good parking spot is about shade access, not closeness to the store.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2022, 11:37:58 am »

I'm gravedigging this thread, because the same thing is happening to me again.  I'm giving away some couches.  People show interest, text me all day, then ghost forever.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2022, 02:55:32 pm »

I'm gravedigging this thread, because the same thing is happening to me again.  I'm giving away some couches.  People show interest, text me all day, then ghost forever.

If I am selling something I will deal with other people.  If I am giving it away for free.  Post it online with photo and address first come first serve.  Stick in front yard with a sign saying free.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2022, 12:00:17 pm »

If I am selling something I will deal with other people.  If I am giving it away for free.  Post it online with photo and address first come first serve.  Stick in front yard with a sign saying free.

I agree with Hoodie.   Or better yet, call your local Salvation Army or mom and pop thrift store.  The majority of them have one or two moving trucks and will come and take your furniture at no cost to you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray