Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:51:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Aaron Rodgers Told FA's He Wasn't Returning to Green Bay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers Told FA's He Wasn't Returning to Green Bay  (Read 2989 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: May 05, 2021, 02:36:06 pm »

NFL Network's Mike Garafalo even says that he was telling his teammates at the beginning of the 2020 season he wouldn't be back for 2021. The Jordan Love thing really pissed him off as well as not making the receiving corps better.

If he retired, he would have to pay back like $22 Million if he is really done in the NFL. He has tons of money and he honestly might get the Jeopardy gig if he wanted it, but that's still a lot of money to give to people that you hate. Then again, Rodgers leads the NFL in TDs and Stubbornness so he might actually do it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 03:21:36 pm »

Apparently Carolina and Denver contacted him about playing for them and Green Bay is about to file a tampering complaint against those two ball clubs.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 03:42:18 pm »

He has tons of money and he honestly might get the Jeopardy gig if he wanted it...

I watched a couple of those episodes...I thought he kinda sucked at it. Fine for a celebrity cameo, but not the type you hire for a permanent gig.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 03:57:20 pm »

Apparently Carolina and Denver contacted him about playing for them and Green Bay is about to file a tampering complaint against those two ball clubs.

Those are hard to prove, might just be a threat. They are pissed but they should be pissed at themselves for not surrounding their legendary QB with better talent instead of drafting his replacement when he still had 3 years left on his deal. From all accounts, a terrible replacement too that can't make it in the league.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 11:41:04 am »

Some chatter now that the Broncos are issuing trade proposals to the Packers for Rodgers. They have the cap space for him and even though Aaron does not have a no trade clause, he would probably approve of it since Denver has a good amount of talent, except at QB.

Bad news for Green Bay is that the trade package would have to revolve around future draft picks. I don't see Denver gutting the team of current talent just to get Rodgers, it would defeat the purpose.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 02:51:43 pm »

If I were Houston, I'd trade DeShaun Watson for Rodgers straight up. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 04:36:05 pm »

No way GB takes Watson for Rodgers.

A more reasonable swap is Russell Wilson for Rodgers.  SEA would probably have to sweeten the pot a little.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 04:45:39 pm »

No way GB takes Watson for Rodgers.

A more reasonable swap is Russell Wilson for Rodgers.  SEA would probably have to sweeten the pot a little.

If Wilson was complaining about the team running too much, I can only imagine what Rodgers thoughts would be. He would probably audible non stop and just throw it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 06:48:16 pm »

That reminds me:

Rodgers has a no-trade clause.  If you don't use that to block a trade to Cal McNair & Jack Easterby's Houston Texans, why even have a no-trade clause in your contract?

Zero chance Rodgers is traded to HOU.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 08:38:49 am »

Rodgers is obviously a first ballot Hall of Famer and I understand his frustrations about the Packers not getting Receiver help all these years.  But the way he goes about things make me think he is probably a selfish douchebag and just kind of a jerk. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 08:43:37 am »

Rodgers is obviously a first ballot Hall of Famer and I understand his frustrations about the Packers not getting Receiver help all these years.  But the way he goes about things make me think he is probably a selfish douchebag and just kind of a jerk. 

He is ABSOLUTELY a selfish douchebag and jerk. I'm surprised you didn't know that already, he basically disowned his whole family and has no friends except for his hot girlfriends. Fair trade off.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 09:02:40 am »

He is ABSOLUTELY a selfish douchebag and jerk. I'm surprised you didn't know that already, he basically disowned his whole family and has no friends except for his hot girlfriends. Fair trade off.

Oh I've thought it for a long time.  It was just the first time i've mentioned it here.  Smiley
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 03:20:53 pm »

This is 100% accurate.  When he retires, he's gonna be all dressed up and have nowhere to go. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2021, 11:31:55 am »

He was not present for the first day of manadatory camp. Not a huge surprise but this make shis holdout official. It's just too late to trade him now, all of the important roster spots are set and so are the finances. They have to make peace somehow, maybe redo his contract so that this is his last year and they release or trade him in the offseason. Jordan Love sucks, the Packers won't even be .500 if he is the QB and the team knows that so they have to get Aaron back.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2021, 01:10:16 pm »

He was not present for the first day of manadatory camp. Not a huge surprise but this make shis holdout official. It's just too late to trade him now, all of the important roster spots are set and so are the finances. They have to make peace somehow, maybe redo his contract so that this is his last year and they release or trade him in the offseason. Jordan Love sucks, the Packers won't even be .500 if he is the QB and the team knows that so they have to get Aaron back.

In my opinion he is just saber rattling to avoid camp and to get the attention that he so desperately seeks all the time.  I could be wrong, but I would imagine that he will be behind Center for Green Bay when the regular season starts.  With or without a new contract. 
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray