Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:27:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars  (Read 14456 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: May 10, 2021, 02:15:23 pm »

He will try out as a tight end. I guess there is no real harm but the start of Urban Meyer's tenure is going a little different than I thought. He was gifted Lawrence so no credit for that, but the rets of his draft was pretty weird and now this.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2021, 02:19:13 pm »

Doesn't surprise me. I knew if he asked he would get a  chance.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 02:50:56 pm »

If there was a team that would do good by bringing him back into the league, it had to be Jacksonville.  He is a legend in that city and his parents have strong ties to the community.  With him and Trevor Lawrence, you can expect a lot of fans to show up for games. 
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 03:25:33 pm »

What happened to baseball?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 04:22:57 pm »

What happened to baseball?

Never moved past AA. He is a great natural athlete, but he should've moved to Tight End from Day 1. Could've been something special. At 33 yars old, quite the longshot but the Jaguars are terrible so you never know if he makes the practice squad or something.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 04:31:45 pm »

Tebow could have had the starting QB job in JAX handed to him on a silver platter.  But he didn't want to get exposed.  So he preferred the bright lights of NYC, with a slim chance of inheriting a great defense from a deposed Mark Sanchez.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 08:16:00 am »

Tebow getting yet another chance in the NFL and Kap not says the truth about cancel culture despite the claims that it is the left doing the cancelling.  The ONLY reason Tebow has a job is he kneels.  Same reason Kap doesn't.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:17:34 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 08:33:21 am »

Total publicity move by the Jaguars since Tebow is a god (pun intended) in Jacksonville.  No way he is on the roster at the start of the season. 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 09:20:19 am »

Tebow getting yet another chance in the NFL and Kap not says the truth about cancel culture despite the claims that it is the left doing the cancelling.  The ONLY reason Tebow has a job is he kneels.  Same reason Kap doesn't.
Your constant pandering to social issues when it doesnt apply is getting old.  There are two reasons Tebow is getting a chance and Kaep isn't:  the new head coach of the Jags is in love with him and he's not going to be a QB. 
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 09:22:51 am »

I'm not a fan of Tebow by any means.  But the way Kap handled his NFL tryout in 2019 made it very obvious that he had zero interest in playing football. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 10:18:53 am »

I'm not a fan of Tebow by any means.  But the way Kap handled his NFL tryout in 2019 made it very obvious that he had zero interest in playing football. 

Agreed, that was an attention seeking farce. Tebow genuinely wants to play, he just probably missed his window with some bad choices early on in his career.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 12:02:22 pm »

Who said anything about Kaepernick?  The fact is an NFL franchise wants to give Tebow a contract. Another fact is that NO NFL franchise wants to give Kaepernick a contract.

Do you want to force a team to sign Kaepernick? Do you want to force a team to not sign Tebow? Shit, you would think that the NFL was a business or something. Exactly WTF is your point?

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 03:18:56 pm »

Tebow won't bring the distraction Kaepernick does.  He's an ambassador of goodwill everywhere he goes.  And I agree with Tenshot.  You bringing up social issues out of the blue is getting very annoying.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 03:58:26 pm »

Wait, you're using "distractions" in the defense of... a Tebow signing?!

Tim Tebow is one of the single biggest distractions you can sign to the roster.  He is a walking media circus.

If you want to say that Kap hasn't been signed because it would be a distraction, then fine... but don't do it at that same time you are defending a Tebow contract.   He was one of the biggest distractions in the league years before Kap took a knee.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 04:34:38 pm »

Tim Tebow is being signed because of a college coach turned NFL coach named Urban Meyer. I could see Pete Carroll doing something similar ... especially early on in his career. Steve Spurrier probably would have too.  The story shouldn't be why but if he can make the team. It isn't so easy to go back to hitting or being hit.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray