Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:57:34 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars  (Read 14519 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2021, 02:34:24 am »

No, that means Rex Ryan choose him.  Hence Rex Ryan is a moron. 

Every quarterback competition is resolved by the head coach choosing who he thinks is the better player.

John Fox chose Tim Tebow to start over Kyle Orton (after Kyle Orton had already led a previous team to the playoffs).
John Fox then chose Peyton Manning to start over Tim Tebow.
Rex Ryan chose Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy to start over Tim Tebow.
This is how coaching works.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2021, 07:22:50 am »

Tim Tebow was a terrible, terrible QB.  Let's not try to play the game that he wasn't given a fair shake.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2021, 09:13:41 am »

Wrong.  Brady beat Bledsoe for a starting position twice: once when Bledsoe recovered from his injury and Belichick kept Brady as the starter, and AGAIN after Brady got hurt in the playoffs and Bledsoe won the AFC Championship Game, then Brady was declared the starter for the Super Bowl.

Three times.  There was a market to trade either Bledsoe or Brady in the offseason.  Quite a few reporters and fans thought the Patriots made the wrong choice at the time. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2021, 10:46:45 am »

Three times.  There was a market to trade either Bledsoe or Brady in the offseason.  Quite a few reporters and fans thought the Patriots made the wrong choice at the time. 
. One time Bledsoe won.  At the second half of the afc title game in 2001. Brady was ready to go back in, but belichick stayed with Bledsoe

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2021, 09:24:00 pm »

I can't believe no other team has picked up Tebow.  Must be because the NFL hates Christians.   Cheesy
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2021, 10:30:24 pm »

I can't believe no other team has picked up Tebow.  Must be because the NFL hates Christians.   Cheesy
Nobody hates anyone. He's washed up like Kaepernick. Maybe we should give them both another chance and put them in the octagon and let them beat the shit out of each other.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2021, 03:03:55 am »

One more thing:

Sanchez started games after his two year run.  Tebow has not started a game since his playoff season.
Tebow had the opportunity to go to JAX and start immediately.  He instead chose to go the Jets, where he knew he would be Sanchez's backup.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2021, 03:22:59 am »

One more thing:
Tebow had the opportunity to go to JAX and start immediately.  He instead chose to go the Jets, where he knew he would be Sanchez's backup.
  Wonder if he ever gave an explanation for that.  Maybe he was still suffering from the Brady effect from the divisional round loss , which forces people to do utterly stupid things.       

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2021, 03:25:18 am »

Tim Tebow is responsible for his own decision not to go to JAX and be the starter.
Trying to somehow blame Tom Brady for that decision is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:45:00 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2021, 03:46:14 am »

Tim Tebow is responsible for his own decision not to start in JAX.
Trying to somehow blame Tom Brady for that decision is ridiculous.
 It's a reference to how teams Brady plays in the playoffs always seem to mess up in unthinkable ways.  I call this "The Brady Effect"  My previous post was satire.  Tebow's final start was against Brady and NE
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 03:51:16 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2021, 01:51:03 pm »

They just won't give him a chance. Such a shame.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2021, 02:25:15 pm »

They just won't give him a chance. Such a shame.

Such a shame that we have a nine page thread dedicated to a third string TE who hasn't played professional football in ten years and literally had no shot of making this team. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2021, 03:29:27 pm »

Such a shame that we have a nine page thread dedicated to a third string TE who hasn't played professional football in ten years and literally had no shot of making this team. 
Can you imagine the kind of silly shit we would be reading here right now if he would have made the team lol

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2021, 04:21:54 pm »

One more thing:

Wait, I thought Tebow was traded from the Broncos to the Jets?
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2021, 07:31:54 pm »

Haha, I practically said the same thing on page 3 of this thread way back in May.  We didn't have much NFL stuff to talk about this summer obviously.  LOL
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray