Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:04:48 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars  (Read 14552 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2021, 08:07:46 pm »

He's getting press because the woke liberals are turning it into a Tebow/Kaepernick side show circus. Hell, it's happened in this thread. The "everything's racist" crowd are the ones generating Tebow and the Jaguars press and money

I'm so sick of people that don't know a thing about NFL Football, nor do they follow football, who keep bringing Kaepernick into conversations.  The NFL went way out of its way to hold a special tryout for him, and got scouts from practically every team to show up, then Kaepernick wanted to screw around and move the place and time of the tryout to a different location.  The no nothing liberals need to let this argument die.  He was an idiot to opt out of his SF contract, and IMO he doesn't even want to really play in the NFL; he's happier being a martyr.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2021, 08:16:07 am »

But the manufactured outrage from the social justice warriors crying about whatever they're crying about. WTF they crying about anyhow, I don't even know at this point. I'm sure it has something to do with some perceived racism, just like everything else they cry about.

Who's crying?

You make everything some big deal when it's not.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2021, 08:30:27 am »

Who's crying?

You make everything some big deal when it's not.

A lot of people are crying  about it.  Just google "Upset about Tebow" and you'll find about a dozen recent articles.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2021, 08:36:17 am »

I get that there's a double standard, but it seems pointless to argue into the ether with people who aren't arguing against your point.

We have a message board forum with lots of people with lots of opinions.  So, we should discuss points with each other -- not straw men on the Internet.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2021, 11:21:39 am »

I know there are plenty of opposite opinions but I personally like Jimmy Smith’s opinion on the subject.

Legendary Jaguars wide receiver Jimmy Smith took a shot at Kaepernick when asked by TMZ Sports if Tebow could help Trevor Lawrence, suggesting that Kaepernick would divide the locker room.

“I heard Shannon Sharpe, or somebody in the media, ‘oh, they could have signed Colin Kaepernick?’ Really?” Smith said. “This is my team. We don’t need Colin Kaepernick on our team — with our young franchise and our young players — to divide our locker room. We need a guy like Tim Tebow, who’s a hometown hero, who has love for the city anyway, he’s going to be a great support for Trevor Lawrence. … Whatever capacity that is, it is going to be a positive rather than a negative.”

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2021, 12:20:04 pm »

The fact that we have already filled up almost 3 pages of comments about a guy who won't even be on the Week 1 roster shows that he still creates an interest one way or another. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2021, 11:38:47 pm »

I get that there's a double standard, but it seems pointless to argue into the ether with people who aren't arguing against your point.

We have a message board forum with lots of people with lots of opinions.  So, we should discuss points with each other -- not straw men on the Internet.
Then get Hoodie in here to discuss his opinion. Hoodie brought it up.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2021, 10:21:53 pm »

I know there are plenty of opposite opinions but I personally like Jimmy Smith’s opinion on the subject.

Legendary Jaguars wide receiver Jimmy Smith took a shot at Kaepernick when asked by TMZ Sports if Tebow could help Trevor Lawrence, suggesting that Kaepernick would divide the locker room.

“I heard Shannon Sharpe, or somebody in the media, ‘oh, they could have signed Colin Kaepernick?’ Really?” Smith said. “This is my team. We don’t need Colin Kaepernick on our team — with our young franchise and our young players — to divide our locker room. We need a guy like Tim Tebow, who’s a hometown hero, who has love for the city anyway, he’s going to be a great support for Trevor Lawrence. … Whatever capacity that is, it is going to be a positive rather than a negative.”
This quote just reinforces the problem:

Tebow is an extremely polarizing player.  The fact that Kap is being cited as "a divider" and Tebow is being directly contrasted to him as a "positive" says a huge amount about the perspective of the speaker and the broader culture.

There are plenty of non-divisive players that you can contrast to Kap without any reservation: JJ Watt, Trent Williams, Todd Gurley, Kenny Golladay, and so on.  But to criticize Colin Kaepernick as "divisive" as you're hyping Tim freaking Tebow?  It's a slap in the face; insult to injury.  It's telling us plainly that all the BS about "distractions" and "media circus" is just an excuse used to take [in]action that the powers that be already wanted to take anyway.

Don't spin me some BS about distractions when you're bringing in a 33-year-old baseball player as a backup for a position he's never even played.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 10:25:40 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2021, 10:48:49 pm »

This quote just reinforces the problem:

Tebow is an extremely polarizing player.  The fact that Kap is being cited as "a divider" and Tebow is being directly contrasted to him as a "positive" says a huge amount about the perspective of the speaker and the broader culture.

There are plenty of non-divisive players that you can contrast to Kap without any reservation: JJ Watt, Trent Williams, Todd Gurley, Kenny Golladay, and so on.  But to criticize Colin Kaepernick as "divisive" as you're hyping Tim freaking Tebow?  It's a slap in the face; insult to injury.  It's telling us plainly that all the BS about "distractions" and "media circus" is just an excuse used to take [in]action that the powers that be already wanted to take anyway.

Don't spin me some BS about distractions when you're bringing in a 33-year-old baseball player as a backup for a position he's never even played.

Tebow is not polarizing in the slightest.  He is the consummate teammate and supports everyone on his team.  A great guy to have in the locker room.  Kaepernick is a locker room cancer who is in it for himself and his social justice bullshit is an extremely volatile subject that belongs off the football field, but he continues to bring it on there.  That's why he is still without a job.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2021, 10:52:27 pm »

Tebow has already been used as some version of a tight end. He did it for the Broncos once and also with the Jets. It wasn't successful. I remember a pass hitting him in the back of the head or his ass maybe when he didn't even turn around on a route.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2021, 11:02:18 pm »

Tim Tebow: Why Is He so Polarizing Among NFL Fans?
Tim Tebow: ESPN's Outside the Lines examines why he's so polarizing
TIM TEBOW: How He Became The Most Polarizing Athlete In Sports
Booger McFarland: "He's not a good player, he's just a polarizing former athlete that we can't stop talking about"
The polarizing effect of Tim Tebow

You can say that you like the guy, or that you don't think he should be polarizing, but that doesn't make it not so.  The fact that we are talking about the worst team in the league signing a 33-year-old trying to make the roster as a backup tight end proves that Tebow is polarizing, because nobody should even care about this signing.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2021, 11:11:34 pm »

Tebow has already been used as some version of a tight end. He did it for the Broncos once and also with the Jets. I remember a pass hitting him in the back of the head or his ass maybe when he didn't even turn around on a route.
He was listed on both of those rosters as a QB (which is an important factor in how many QBs are permitted to dress, etc).

The pass you are describing is the only time Tim Tebow was targeted in the NFL.  I don't know if that means he was "used as a tight end" any more than Brandon Fields' 1 pass attempt means he was "used as a QB."

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2021, 01:57:57 am »

Nobody has ever gotten a rawer deal than Tebow

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2021, 12:30:14 pm »

He was listed on both of those rosters as a QB (which is an important factor in how many QBs are permitted to dress, etc).

The pass you are describing is the only time Tim Tebow was targeted in the NFL.  I don't know if that means he was "used as a tight end" any more than Brandon Fields' 1 pass attempt means he was "used as a QB."

I don't really care to split hairs but I guarantee he was tested in practice. My only point is this isn't someone's first attempt at checking his tight end skills.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2021, 01:39:29 pm »

I don't really care to split hairs...

You're on the wrong website then lol
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray