Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:33:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Tim Tebow Signs with Jaguars  (Read 14550 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2021, 08:28:01 am »

Nobody has ever gotten a rawer deal than Tebow

How do you figure that?

I never thought Tebow had transferrable QB skills, so I was shocked to see him drafted in the first round.  I didn't think he was a good player in the NFL while playing and was lucky to get a bunch of good bounces and a defense that was killer.  Tebow deserves credit for hanging in there, but he was a game manager at best, and was usually worse than that.

And he was unseated by one of the best QBs ever to play the game and couldn't find another job.

Tebow is a great teammate, a hard worker, a model citizen, etc -- he's just not a great QB, so I don't think it's a raw deal.

I think that him being a TE actually makes sense because you can use his athleticism.  It just might be a little late to try to develop that skillset.  I'll be surprised if he makes the roster, but even more if he's used on the team and even more than that if he's used in anything more than a gimmick capacity.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2021, 09:03:23 pm »

How do you figure that?

I never thought Tebow had transferrable QB skills, so I was shocked to see him drafted in the first round.  I didn't think he was a good player in the NFL while playing and was lucky to get a bunch of good bounces and a defense that was killer.  Tebow deserves credit for hanging in there, but he was a game manager at best, and was usually worse than that.

And he was unseated by one of the best QBs ever to play the game and couldn't find another job.

Tebow is a great teammate, a hard worker, a model citizen, etc -- he's just not a great QB, so I don't think it's a raw deal.

I think that him being a TE actually makes sense because you can use his athleticism.  It just might be a little late to try to develop that skillset.  I'll be surprised if he makes the roster, but even more if he's used on the team and even more than that if he's used in anything more than a gimmick capacity.
    He too the Broncos the second round of the payoffs.  He payed very we that season.  Then, he went to New Yor.  He did fine in his imited roe, then for some reason, Rex Ryan put in Greg McEroy.  He never got another chance.   Who cares about ucy bounces?   Tom Brady has won countess games on ucy bounces and breas.   Meanwhie, the Dophins have done nothing for twenty years.  I mean what more does a payer have to do to earn a shot?  For that matter, why did he deserve to not have a shot?  It shoud be pointed out that Peyton too the Broncos no farther than Tebow did his first season with Denver

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2021, 09:03:57 pm »

He showed great passing abiity in the Steeers games

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2021, 10:03:55 pm »

I hate the he deserves a chance bullshit no matter the player. He had his chance, it didn't work out for him. Quit crying because he had his chance.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2021, 10:49:50 pm »

Guess we can cose the boo on Tua.  He payed much worse then Tebow his first season.   

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2021, 10:50:17 pm »

He couldn't have payed much better in twenty eleven

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2021, 07:06:18 am »

Guess we can cose the boo on Tua.  He payed much worse then Tebow his first season.   

Does it bother you that fewer and fewer people here are taking the bait?  It must be tough becoming irrelevant as more and more people just ignore you. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2021, 08:11:45 am »

He too the Broncos the second round of the payoffs.

He rode the Broncos to the 2nd round of the playoffs, despite his mediocre play.

He payed very we that season.

He did not.  You're only using the win/loss record.  His completion percentage, QB Rating, and general yardage stats were poor.  He had a great defense that was winning games for him.

I mean what more does a payer have to do to earn a shot?  For that matter, why did he deserve to not have a shot?

Nobody deserves a shot.  Players are chosen for the likelihood that they'll improve their team.  At QB, Tebow wasn't going to do that, as evidenced that he's a model dude and still can't get a QB job. 

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2021, 08:16:46 am »

That's what's funny.  He didn't.  Tua played better than Tebow and Tua has generally thought to have underperformed.  We all expect Tua to improve, but even if he doesn't, he'll still have played better than Tebow.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2021, 12:26:18 pm »

Does it bother you that fewer and fewer people here are taking the bait?  It must be tough becoming irrelevant as more and more people just ignore you. 

No, it means people are not making a big deal out of something stupid.  My posts are still comprehensible with the missing letters.  I will fix my keyboard when I get the chance.  I work seven days a week. 

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2021, 12:50:55 pm »

No, it means people are not making a big deal out of something stupid.  My posts are still comprehensible with the missing letters.  I will fix my keyboard when I get the chance.  I work seven days a week. 

He isn't talking about your keyboard.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2021, 12:54:15 pm »

n pon of fac, ua had a beer wn percenage, beer passer rang, and beer QBR han ebow las season. he dfference s ha ua's Dolphns mssed he playoffs a 10-6, whle ebow's Broncos won he dvson and go o hos a playoff game a 8-8.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2021, 01:59:36 pm »

Guess we can cose the boo on Tua. 

I cose the boo on anyone who will let me...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2021, 02:35:57 pm »

Tebow was 7-4.  Tua was 5-3. (Not counting the Oakland game that was saved).

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2021, 02:38:41 pm »

Tua had 11 tds. Tebow had 12.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray